Planet names of Settings

Tonguez said:
Just am additional question - are all the above named planets spheres?

Nope. All of the planets in the Forgotten Realms universe are in the same crystal sphere.

Eberron doesn't touch any other setting's cosmology. It's got its own, unique one.

Planescape doesn't have a "planet", though Sigil is essentially the central point for the setting.

The Land of the Diamond Throne (Arcana Evolved setting) has the world of Serran.

The Polyhedron Spelljammer mini-game rewrote the SJ cosmology a bit, creating the world of Quelya circling the Pyre.

DMH

First Post
Voadam said:
Oathbound is a planet called the Forge it has two suns.

The two suns are Crux (large yellow) and Storm (small red) and the moons are Anahita (water, same orbit as Storm) and Zadkiel (rust, polar orbit).

Broncosaurus Rex is on Cretasus which is Jupiter sized for some reason (with 2 unnamed moons)

Iron Kingdoms has Caen with 3 moons- Calder, Laris and Artis

Ambrus

Explorer
Technically, the name for the planet on which the Forgotten Realms, Al-Qadim, Kara-Tur, and Maztica campaign settings take place is Abeir-Toril

I believe it means "craddle of life" in some ancient language.

The moon is called Selune (the same as the main moon-goddess), and it is followed by small planetoids called "Selune's Tears."

That's what it's called by the inhabitants of Toril at least. A little known fact though is that the human and elven inhabitants of the moon themselves call their world "Leira", the name of the now deceased Forgotten Realms goddess of illusion and trickery. Long story there. The "Tears of Selune" are a cluster of asteroids.

There are several other planets, including Coliar (halfling desert-world), a lizard-man planet, a couple gas giants, a giant floating plant ... The names largely escape me now, however.

They are, in order, out from the sun:

• Anadia (Sperical earth planet with Umber Hulks and polar halflings inhabitants)
• Coliar (Spherical gas planet w/ floating earth islands, aarakocra and lizardmen inhabitants)
• Abeir-Toril (Spherical earth planet)
• Karpri (Spherical water planet inhabited by aquatic elves and giant insects)
• Chandos (Spherical water planet inhabited by humans, dwarves and orcs)
• Glyth (Spherical earth planet w/ rings with mind flayer and humanoid slave inhabitants)
• Garden (A cluster of asteroids held together by a huge living plant called Yggdrasil's child)
• H'Catha (A flat water world with a single mountain on both sides; inhabited by beholders)

Asside from those celestial bodies, some of the planets have their own moons, most notably Garden which has twelve of its own (including it's own mini-sun/moon), a few comets, a handful of artificial satellites and some nebulae. Elminster also keeps a secret hideout at Coliar's core which houses his portals to his tower in Shadowdale, to the Island of Evermeet, to Yellowstone National park in the year 1894, a portal to Ed Greenwood's study in Ontario Canada in the present day as well as his closet full of gems and his stash of german beer. (I kid you not. Could I make this stuff up?!?) :confused:

Voadam

Legend
Ambrus said:
I believe it means "craddle of life" in some ancient language.

That's what it's called by the inhabitants of Toril at least. A little known fact though is that the human and elven inhabitants of the moon themselves call their world "Leira", the name of the now deceased Forgotten Realms goddess of illusion and trickery. Long story there. The "Tears of Selune" are a cluster of asteroids.

They are, in order, out from the sun:

• Anadia (Sperical earth planet with Umber Hulks and polar halflings inhabitants)
• Coliar (Spherical gas planet w/ floating earth islands, aarakocra and lizardmen inhabitants)
• Abeir-Toril (Spherical earth planet)
• Karpri (Spherical water planet inhabited by aquatic elves and giant insects)
• Chandos (Spherical water planet inhabited by humans, dwarves and orcs)
• Glyth (Spherical earth planet w/ rings with mind flayer and humanoid slave inhabitants)
• Garden (A cluster of asteroids held together by a huge living plant called Yggdrasil's child)
• H'Catha (A flat water world with a single mountain on both sides; inhabited by beholders)

Asside from those celestial bodies, some of the planets have their own moons, most notably Garden which has twelve of its own (including it's own mini-sun/moon), a few comets, a handful of artificial satellites and some nebulae. Elminster also keeps a secret hideout at Coliar's core which houses his portals to his tower in Shadowdale, to the Island of Evermeet, to Yellowstone National park in the year 1894, a portal to Ed Greenwood's study in Ontario Canada in the present day as well as his closet full of gems and his stash of german beer. (I kid you not. Could I make this stuff up?!?) :confused:

I guess I need to get realmspace.

arscott

First Post
Tonguez said:
Just am additional question - are all the above named planets spheres?
I think Mystara's a tube, with the hollow world on the inside. It may just be a hollowed out sphere with holes at the poles, though. I've seen it depicted both ways.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The Hollow World Campaign Setting (which is supposed to be that "inside" of Mystara is "hollowed out sphere" if I remember correctly.

And Dark Sun's world of Athas - I think the name for their sun was just "the sun" wasn't it?

Remove ads