Player Characters are not fiction characters

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Fiction:
"To see your enemies crushed before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."

Game:
"To see your enemies crushed before you, and their hides worked into your new armor, and the sale of their magical artifacts, and their dead skeletal husks raised to serve you, and to hear the lamentations of all but the top-five of their most beautiful women...."

;) :D

jasper

Rotten DM
fiction
The EVIL Mistress Polly Pelican flees through the door. The door slams shut and the bolt is heard thrown.
"Biblo pick the lock. Then Thundarr kick in the door take the left, I take center, and Conan will take the right. Raistlin hang back and cover us and take a shot if you get one."
All, "Ok Capt America!"
Bilbo cartwheeling to the back, "locks open!"
Capt American, "One two three go!"
Our heroes burst through the door taking most villians by surprise. In the end the EVIL Mistress Polly Pelican escapes but her plans have suffered a major set back.

Game
Dm. "You hear the bolt being thrown."

Gamer 1, "The thief will pick it. Then I charge the center. B.A. and Brian will take left and right.
Gamer 2. " I not picking it. It probably trap.
Gamer 3, " I'm hungry anyone wants pizza. I down 5 hit pts. I not charging a trap until I healed."
Gamer 4. " Hey She probably has some spell casters in there we should cast some protection spells.'
Two hours later. After some pizza much loud fighting on what is the best plan. And a wrestling match over the last slice.

DM,you dynamite the door. The room is empty except for two guards who are now upset because you distrubed their tea time and destroyed their tea service. They die quickly due the two fireballs, 100 crossbow bolts, and the two rangers going vegimatic on them.

Gamers "What? You just said she threw the bolt."
Dm, "that was 2 hours ago. Even with the smoke break and pizza break, I could still hear you yell and screaming at each other from my car when I went to get my other pack of beer. After 5 minutes of hearing you discuss the best plan Mistress Polly Pelican left the building.

Gamer 2. "Gee him!"

Dm, "guys Arrggh"

Last edited:

Remove ads