D&D 5E Please Support Eberron!

Meet me then. And if you were here, I'd introduce you to all my friends who play with me.

I'd have to agree with Perigorn, in that it was my least favorite setting. I'm just not a fan of the lore at all, and I absolutely hate idea of the Warforged race. Golems are one thing. They've been part of D&D for many years. But they're rare, and make a good monster. Picturing a bunch of "cyborg" running around my D&D campaign just ruins my immersion. The only games I've ever played that mix a sci-fi and fantasy in a way that feels right to me are Numenera, Star Wars, some Cthulhu settings, (N)WoD, and maybe Shadowrun. When I play D&D, I don't really want to see guns and robots, or anything else that puts me in mind of things of that nature, no matter how it's passed off in the lore. Hated the whole Zeitgeist thing Pathfinder started focusing on.

I understand there's plenty of players out there who like that type of thing. More power to them. Whatever floats your boat and lets you have fun. It's just not for me.

I understand what you are saying, but if you think the setting is about cyborgs and tech, then my point is that you don't really get it.

Vael

Legend
Admittedly, what has me eagerly awaiting a 5e Eberron book is a third iteration of the Artificer. Because while I love the class concept, the 3.5 Artificer came across as a nightmare of paperwork, and the 4e Artificer, while cool to play, didn't feel quite right to me. I'm hoping the 5e Artificer melds the two and is a superior version.

What I think Eberron needs, though, is more adventure support. It really irked me that we didn't have any 4e DnD Encounters set in Eberron.

arjomanes

Explorer
I'd really, really like to see a HotDQ style adventure book for Eberron, with an accompanying Players Guide.

Every homebrew game I run ends up having elements of Eberron. In my current game a Daelkyr style story is the major plot device.

Pentegarn

First Post
I apologize. It's clear that you are not having a good day. I expressed my opinion about something you said you obviously took offense. But you should be aware that you should never assume that people know what you mean by terms, especially when you are talking about a subjective 'feel' or 'style' of a game. I would appreciate if though if you at least took time from your busy schedule being offended at things to recognize that I was not trolling. You made an assertion, and I responded to it. Again, I apologize for ruining your day. But please go on, and continue your own highly relevant post in this thread that's clearly meant for supporting Eberron. Your two cents on your dislike for this thread is obviously what this thread was meant for is surely a valuable contribution to this thread.

lol, that's what I thought.

When the straw men run out, there are no more words to twist, or to "put into someone's mouth", the troll turns to his go to, sarcasm, and confirms the fact. Looks like it's time to whip out the can of Troll-be-gone and give it a spray. Welcome to "Ye Ole Ignore" kid.

And you should have done that without posting something like this. - Lwaxy

Pentegarn has been banned for 7 days for this appalling behaviour - Plane Sailing, ENworld Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

Storminator

First Post
I understand what you are saying, but if you think the setting is about cyborgs and tech, then my point is that you don't really get it.

I agree that's not what the setting is about, but you can easily make a cyborg/tech game out of Eberron. I've known folks to run a cyberpunk D&D game set in Eberron.

There's a lot of different Eberron campaign options - probably more than any other published setting.

PS

Lord Blackstone

First Post
I am a Multiverse fan so I plan on supporting ALL Dungeons and Dragons settings, Eberron, Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Nentir Vale, Greyhawk, etc...... Nothing is cooler to me than having a party of characters from different worlds.... ala Warforged Fighter in a party with a Krynnish Minotaur Sorcerer, FR Drow Thief and a Planescape Tiefling Ranger all running around Ravenloft... endless story possibilities...

The thing is, Eberron can be everything to everybody. Those claiming that they want a more traditional, old-fashioned D&D experience can set their campaign in a little town in Aundair and they will have exactly what they're looking for.

Aldarc

Legend
The thing is, Eberron can be everything to everybody. Those claiming that they want a more traditional, old-fashioned D&D experience can set their campaign in a little town in Aundair and they will have exactly what they're looking for.
Exactly. Eberron seems ripe for an old-fashioned dungeon-delve in Droaam, Darguun, or Q'barra.

Remove ads