D&D 5E Please Support Eberron!

Arryn

Explorer
Keith, I am a big fan of you and your world. Nothing would make me happier than to see Eberron live on in this new edition. I'll do whatever I can to support your wonderful creation.

Goemoe

Explorer
Build as many straw men from my post as you like. None of what you said changes or makes irrelevant anything I said. And anyone who takes a moment to comprehend my post, and that isn't trolling can figure that out.
Reads: Anyone with your opinion is right, anyone else is trolling.

Why not leave others to their own instead of being a hypocrite about it just because someone dares to have an opinion that differs from yours and doesn't like the same settings you do.
Did you ask this yourself? No? You should. You do exactly what you tell other people to stop. And please don't answer me. According to your own logic, I am a troll and you know: don't feed the troll. ;)

Mercule

Adventurer
The only comments of my post directed purely at Eberron were the ones about my not caring for the lore of the setting and hating the Warforged race. The rest was explaining that I don't generally like things that put me in mind of the modern or futuristic in my "D&D" game. I used firearms and "cyborgs" as an example, based on various experiences that range between various "D&D"/Pathfinder settings, of things that break my immersion in what I typically consider "D&D" and fantasy.
Not trying to change your mind. Just building off what you said....

I'm normally a no peanut butter in my chocolate kinda guy. You'll never see firearms (pseudo or otherwise) in my homebrew, for example. Something about Eberron was just a perfect storm of concepts that really grabbed me. I almost didn't even look at the setting, based on the summary. Boy, am I glad I did, though. It hooked me by the end of the intro. Shadowrun is the only other mixed-genre setting that I like.

I'd never pull Warforged into another setting. Or lightning rails. Or any number of other things. I'd probably be wary of any DM who tried. They just work in Eberron, though.

That said, I can totally understand where it wouldn't be everyone's cup o' tea. For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would look at Spelljammer twice -- or Planescape, for that matter. That's one of the things I've always loved about D&D -- and why I'm not a fan of having too many or too precise of rules -- each DM/group gets to have the game that suits them. Part of that is the ability to play anything from a humans-only, low-magic game to a creature cantina, no humans at all, magic coming out of the toilet game. You can do Roman Empire through Renaissance with little trouble.

Xodis

First Post
I love Eberron, the magitech, the Warforged, the heroic feeling of characters standing out and not falling under the shadow of SO MANY OTHER heroes is fantastic. What I like the most is how everything that doesn't fit into that Classic D&D world fits perfectly into the Eberron setting. Ever watch that movie "Starlight", not particularly great but its like it was made with Eberron in mind, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Princess Bride, Neverending Story, etc.. These are the things that can fit into the world of Eberron and not be too crazy or far out. Count me in for any Eberron releases! Although I do add classic flintlock pistols in my games because a Skypirate needs a flintlock ;)

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Just got my MM (finally). Great book, but I miss some khyberish and magebred creatures ;)
I was a little disappointed with the pegasus quote:
Monster Manual said:
"Behold, the pegasus. It can outrace a dragon in the open sky, and only the best among us can ever hope to ride one. A fitting emblem for our great house, don't you think?" -- Tyllenvane d'Orien, dragonmarked scion and proud representative of House Orien
... Orien's symbol is a unicorn...
Orien.jpg

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
As this is a thread about supporting the Eberron setting, those who for whatever reason dislike the setting really don't need to troll the thread. As with all products, the simple option is to just don't buy it, past, present and possible future editions.

Thanks.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
As for the topic, Eberron is among my favs as well. However, as I haven't ever paid attention to anything 4e, I suppose as with the other worlds, it got maimed in ways I wouldn't find usable. I haven't yet found a source book for Eberron for 4e to see if this is true or not.

Even more unfortunately, WotC will pick up where they left, meaning any new 5e product coming out for Eberron or any other maimed world (I suppose Faerun is the worst though) holds no importance for me and my groups - which is also the main reason almost everyone I play with has made the decision not to switch to 5e.

If there was an AP for Eberron in the 3.5 version of the setting, I'd love that.

Remove ads