• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pocket PC apps for DnD 3E

BeerSkunk

First Post
DS Forgeworks PPC! =)

The app is designed for both player's and DM's. It provides everything necessary for tracking a character's stats, skills, spells, feats, equipment, class/level, HP, and AC.

For the DM, there are screens designed to help you more easily manage your game session. There's a party 'quick view' screen that lets you easily select a character to view their HP, AC, and skills. There's a combat tab that track's character & monster initiatives, combat rounds, initiative counts, and their HP and AC. The combat section also has a spell tracking component that will automatically notify you when a spell has expired.

It also has a built in dice roller that lets you roll any number of any standard dice out there. It's great for rolling a large number of same sided dice or quietly rolling a secret check. The last piece is a random encounter generator. Select the party level, click a button, and *poof*...random encounter.

You can import and export character data to share with other people who use the program too. All you have to do is export the character and use the IR port to 'beam' the file to them so they can import it.

I've been using the program for a couple of months to help me run my own game sessions and I've found it to be a valuable tool. It's especially helped to speed up combat and made it MUCH easier for me to track the character's during the session.

You can access a free download of the program here. Just click the DS Forgeworks PPC link on the left hand side of the page under 'Free Downloads'. If you have any questions, feedback, or problems please feel free to contact me. You can use any of the email links under 'Contact' or use the message board. I check them both several times a day and can guarantee a prompt response.

Congrats on your new PPC. Hope you enjoy it! =)

Therigwin

First Post
Thanks!

I just have to wait till Feb 25 (expected ship date)

Once I have it I will check out your program.

Now, are there any other utils for the pocket pc out there?

Right now I use the experience calculator that is vbscripted webpage that John Dells made. Will that work on Pocket IE?
Does someone else have something like that for the PPC?

Or does DS Forgework have that ability?

Thanks!

BeerSkunk

First Post
I'm not sure about whether or not the vbscripted web page will work in pocket IE. I haven't used pocket IE for much beyond standard HTML viewing.

You're the second person this week to mention an XP calculator. DS Forgeworks PPC doesn't do that, yet. I'm starting to think about adding it this week though since it seems to be important to people. :)

Therigwin

First Post
That would be cool.

I know pocket IE works kinda like IE 3.2, I just don't remember what all MS had incorporated in that version.

What would be nice is a way to have an encounter, then assign the experience points to the players.

I just have to be patient and wait 2 weeks to get my Axim. Then I will definetly be trying your program.

frompkin

First Post
BeerSkunk said:

You're the second person this week to mention an XP calculator. DS Forgeworks PPC doesn't do that, yet. I'm starting to think about adding it this week though since it seems to be important to people. :)

Woot. I know I'm looking forward to seeing you add it in!

frompkin

First Post
The stuff that I use:

CjCraft - Mediocre dice roller, crappy initiative tracker. The init. tracker won't retain the character information if you exit the program. I wouldn't recommend registering any of their stuff.

WebCommando - Excellent dice roller. Excellent Character sheet tracker. Very much registerable.

DS Forgeworks - Really complete product. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the finished version, and I WILL register it when it's an option. Especially if he gets my XP calculator function into it. Your best choice at the moment.

And if you use pcgen, check out this. It allows you to export and view your pcgen characters. Very nicely laid out. Perhaps something that should be added to other products (hint. hint. Beerskunk).

Good luck!

Dave

Orryn Emrys

Explorer
Is there anything along these lines that'll work for PalmOS? Other than a die roller and a jump calculator, I haven't been able to locate any utilities that'll help me run my game. And I'm new to the PDA world, having just acquired a Palm IIIc, so I am uncertain where else to look.

frompkin

First Post
Orryn Emrys said:
Is there anything along these lines that'll work for PalmOS? Other than a die roller and a jump calculator, I haven't been able to locate any utilities that'll help me run my game. And I'm new to the PDA world, having just acquired a Palm IIIc, so I am uncertain where else to look.

Well there is PC Familiar which is pretty cool. I personally also like the ACE series of programs, available here. I absolutely love their dice roller and XP Calculator. If fact, it's the only reason I'm using my Palm IIIx at the moment..

Dave

shadowlight

First Post
*Bump!*

It's been 3 months since the last post and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any new Pocket PC d20 software (I just got a Toshiba e740 :))

Remove ads