• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

podcast: 4th edition combat too long

Sir Oliver

First Post
Wormwood said:
This podcast could definitely use some Jim Darkmagic.
QFT. I saw a bit of the podcast and it was rather... underwhelming. Except for the library with all those D&D books. Man, I'd love to get my grubby hands on them!

Sir Oliver

First Post
Cirex said:
You are the "Follonero"!
A character from a Spanish show.

085D2GIJ-TEL-xxx-P1_1.jpg
AHAHAHAHA! He totally is! :D

Celebrim

Legend
Old Gumphrey said:
Combat in 4e is lightning fast compared to 3e, if you pay a lick of attention.

Combat in 3e is lightning fast compared to 3e if you pay a lick of attention.

But I guess there is no point in fighting that lost battle now. Suffice to say that before the later levels (13+), I've never had a problem finishing encounters as quickly as people are bragging about completing them in 4e.

sinecure

First Post
Can anyone here tell me how this video is not a group of people playing DDM?

I mean, the one guy plays the whole set of evil dudes. But everyone else just plays one mini. Is that what RPG means? I only get to play one mini?

hectorse

Explorer
sinecure said:
Can anyone here tell me how this video is not a group of people playing DDM?

I mean, the one guy plays the whole set of evil dudes. But everyone else just plays one mini. Is that what RPG means? I only get to play one mini?

Sure, whatever...

I swear my last session party fight against the Solo White Dragon on the back of the DMG was a hell of a lot more interesting that what they posted, and it makes me wish I'd recorded it and uploaded it to Youtube.

My players were nervous and concentrated s I haven't seen them in a while, the dwarf fighter couldn't roll higher than a 10 and All of them couldn't hit with their dailies.

But it was intense

I should probably record Irontooth fight next session.

In regard with the video... I am sure they made mistakes because they were being taped. Dace Noonan tried to spark some fun in the table and you can see he succeeded by the later rounds when you see everyone FINALLY laughing and relaxing a little bit

P

PaulofCthulhu

How do you make something watchable that's not always engaging to watch?

Easy.

You do what the Big Brother TV shows do.

That requires a lot of time, equipment, editing & investment in presentation. The market/audience in this case is just not big enough to support that I'm afraid. At least not at a sustained level.

P

PaulofCthulhu

By the way, our groups are used to being recorded (audio/video). If anyone wants to hire us, I can get you bunch of award-winning roleplayers at reasonable rates. ;)

Yet we don't get many offers. ;) Funny thing this recording lark!

Remove ads