• Starship Warden - Metamorphosis Alpha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars, of Space: 1889

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • the Ubiquitous "Other"

Votes: 47 41.6%

Tetsubo

First Post
My vote is for Gamma Terra, though talislanta would be a close second. Gamma World was the second RPG I ever owned and I've always loved it. All the things I liked about the 4th edition were pretty much 3E D&D. :)

RangerWickett, have you seen the latest edition of Talislanta? I own the 1st and I think the 2nd and all the supplemants I could lay my hands on. Is it worth buying the latest version?

LcKedovan

Explorer
I have to say, tough poll though there are so many games trying to decide which one is second is rough because I like different game worlds for different reasons... in the end I went with the ole 'thulu... can't beat it for freaking people out ;)

-Will

Tsyr

Explorer
I voted Shadowrun... it was that or Rifts Earth... But as much as I like playing in rifts earth, it's not really that well constructed, it just ended up being kinda cool.

Altalazar

First Post
Shadowrun is so freaking awesome. As a world. As a concept. As a system.

It is my favorite setting, by far. And the rule system is also my favorite.

Of course, I love D&D too, but I miss Shadowrun. One of these days...

CWD

First Post
Deadlands, without a doubt.
I think they went a little overboard with the goofiness (irradiated ghost-rock nuclear war? Give me a break!) But its still a great setting.

Though in all honesty, I voted for Pendragon because its also a great game (even though the publishers said they aren't interested in converting it to another system!) Bah!

Last edited:

Psychotic Jim

First Post
GURPS Goblins!

GURPS Goblins all the way! There is nothing quite like the rotting stench of the gutter you live in as playing a destititute goblin trying to climb the social ladder in Georgian London in 1830. Only in GURPs Goblins can you make an adveture out of rat-catching and accidentally helping a dead ghost get her revenge and braking up a slave ring all in one day and hopefully getting away some stolen loot afterwards :D ! Now if only I could get my current players to give it a shot.

Aryoche

Explorer
Well, two settings get my vote here...

1) SLA Industries : Doesn't get much darker and grittier than this, from the art, the background, the mystery (i.e. The Truth(tm) ), and the sense of forboding that lurks around every corner... Think the World of Darkness is gloomy? ha.

2) Shadowrun : 'Nuff said. Don't know it? Read it, or check out their website for a quick history lesson.

Runner-ups:

Kult : Supposedly back in print, but I've yet to see the newest incarnation.

The End: Another good concept that fell off the map. Good to see it's coming back.

hellbender

First Post
For other, I would have to say:

Deadlands or Warhammer Fantasy

Deadlands is a kickback and just have fun game, Warhammer is a cross between 'eavy combat and political intrigue. Well, and the Skaven.

hellbender

Remove ads