[Poll] What races have you played so far in 3e?

What races have you played?

• Human

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • Halfling

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Gnome

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • Elf

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • Other (includes monstrous races)

Votes: 29 27.9%

Reprisal

First Post
Humans and halflings only.

Interesting, I find myself of the same mind. I don't exactly know why, but I know that I still harbour something of a distaste for elves and orcs... Of all the races, it seems (at least to me) that dwarves are the most limited choice. Gnomes, though they seem cool, lack the focus of an elf or dwarf, though... (and they do seem kinda silly to me).

Humans. I dunno, I find myself wanting to play humans more often than not. They offer infinite customizability without any of the baggage of other races. Sure, you can have infinite customizability with an elf or a dwarf, there's nothing stopping you, but it seems that it's much easier to do so with a human without getting the ":rolleyes:"

If I ever play a non-human, my first choice would probably be a halfling. There's something about the nomad lifestyle that halflings seem to have... Plus, the halfling (as opposed to the Hobbit or Kender) doesn't seem to have the mass of racial baggage attached to it. At least, that's to me, it's probably different for the more experienced fantasy-goer.

Darklone

Singing rock? Cool.

Played a human, half elf, elf, wildelf, kobold, gnome, goblin, dwarf, halforc, halfhobgoblin....and a halfling.

Wow. Considering I DM most of the time I need to stop RPGing so much.

Undead Pete

First Post
Multiple humans
halfling
gnome
dwarf
1/2 giant (home-brew....my longest character)
wemic

....and although I hate elves, I did play a gold elf once who would have been a a very cool character (played just the way I feel all elves are: arrogant, pompous putzes) if he hadn't nuked himself and a green dragon 3 hours into his first run.

toberane

First Post
I find it interesting that, in every world setting I've ever seen, humans make up like 95% of the population, yet before 3E came out, almost no one ever played one. Then, when the rumors started that 3E was getting rid of Racial restrictions like level limits and class restrictions, people started saying that the problem would get even worse and no one would play humans anymore.

And now look. The number of people who have played Humans in their game, as of right now, outnumbers the number of every other race by more than two times. I have to admit, I play mostly humans as well. I have played a half-elf, and elf, and a gnome, but those were all characters created in 2nd ed. and converted over. I think the only non-human race I have created since 3E started was a swashbuckling halfling rogue named Figgiwish Merriboots (possibly my favorite character that I have created in a few years).

Taloras

First Post
2 humans rogues, and im about to start playing a half elf druid. Considering i only started playing last February.............

Humans are better if you like feats and skills, but i liked the idea of a half elven druid.

Remove ads