Post Roman D&D setting with magic and Roman Gods

Anselyn

Explorer
the Egyptian gods are still around with their animal heads walking the Earth.
I would have either all the gods visibly walking the Earth (or regularly tangible) or none. Otherwise you have a mixed economy in faith and deployable divine power, the consequences of which need careful consideration.

I think there's a difference between "making your presence known" [i.e. a thunderstorm: Zeus/Thor?] and walking around town/the pyramid.

Thomas Bowman

First Post
So another deviation then. The Egyptan faith died long before the arabic conquest. Egyptans were more or less Romans.
Same question which I asked in the Lux Thread. When you intend to have all nations to be how they were in the classical era, why not use a setting set during that time when it fits instead of transporting it into the future only to ignore everything that happened?
The idea is to have all of the historical gods from the Deities and Demigods book in one world that looks like Earth. The Egyptian gods could easily come back after the fall of the Roman Empire. Just think about it, Egypt was a province of the Roman Empire, and when the Roman Empire begins to fall apart, whoever was in charge of the Roman Province called Egypt stands to gain a great deal of power as the new ruler of Egypt, there is just one thing that stands in his way, the Roman Pantheon, basically in order to consolidate his hold on power, the ruler has to build on Egyptian nationalism, Egypt has its own set of gods which are different from those of Rome or Greece, and the ruler doesn't want a set of conflicted loyalties, so he makes the old Egyptian gods the new state religion in order to ensure the loyalty of his subjects, and since these gods walk the Earth and they would also be interested in regaining some of their lost power, they would help.

Thomas Bowman

First Post
Here is my first character created for this setting.

character_sheet_alfred_stanwick_by_thomasbowman767-dcoe508.png

Remove ads