• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power plays

ivrob

First Post
what are some of the best power plays you have developed or how found. i found this one.

As a Drow take 2 Fighter levels to get the feats for The Forsaker (Masters of the Wild). Go up all 10 levels in that, take the right feats along the way to get one level in Duelist, then proceed on as Monk since that class has insane benefits. You'll get this by 16th level...

Spell Resistance - Around 45 plus a very high will save, you'll never have to worry about magic harming you again.

Armor Class of at least 30 to 35, without wearing Armor!

Save lots of money from not buying magic items. It works like this...

Drow racial spell resistance stacks with Forsaker SR. Forsaker adds CON to AC, Duelist INT, and Monk WIS. Forsakers get an extra ability point bonus at every level, this lets you have very high score in all of your slots. High AC without armor! You'll also have damage reduction, fast healing, natural weapon (your sword will be +5 because of your damage reduction), and some pretty good saves. No one will be able to touch you with sword or spell. Just remember you can't use magic ever, and need to destroy magic items in order to get damage reduction and natural weapon. Let me know what you think, I love my Halfling Rogue too much to drop him and try this out, but perhaps one day

Last edited:

DerianCypher

First Post
Welcome to Enworld!

This has been visited many times and there is a thread somewhere in the D&D Rules forum called "Sultans of Smack" that basically deal with these sorts of combos to get really good at something.

DC

Seule

Explorer
Note: None of the Feat requirements for the Forsaker are fighter bonus feats. The earliest you can qualify is as a 3rd level Human or a 6th level anything else.
This may throw your math off.

--Seule

Broken Fang

First Post
I always like having the man advantage on a power play. Work the point with crisp passing. Have a man crowging the goalie...oh wait...your not talking about NHL power plays are you? Just forget it... :D

Zhure

First Post
DonAdam said:
Unless you're a courtier....

In which case you can be a sexy forsaker!

Or a human OA monk, swapping out Deflect Arrows for Iron will (using the special martial arts rules from Chapter 6).

Greg

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
There's also something, I think in the Masters of the Wild FAQ, that says you can't count character level twice. Though that doesn't make a lot of difference; a drow forsaker will still get excellent SR.

Remove ads