PPvsPP:Maze of Fear

renau1g

First Post
Grinning as his blow strikes true, Karrak looks upon the crawling foe with a bit of pity, before smashing his hammer down on the dwarf, saying in dwarven "Like a bug, you are crushed". Seeing smokey appear in front of him, Karrak draws upon his earthen strength then moves past the bear, intentionally leaving himself open to attack.

He then is standing over his foe, having cut off escape and once again brings down the bloody maul onto Onyx, focusing on his training with the weapon for accuracy.

[sblock=All]
OA against Onyx, hits AC 44 for 42 damage
Move to G12 - draw OA from bear & Onyx
Hits AC 34 for 56 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM/Red]
OA: OA (Vs AC); Damage (incl +12 from Bloodclaw) (1d20+23=42, 2d6+33=41) * Karrak takes 4 damage, forgot +2 for prone and +1 damage for rage, so hits AC 44 for 42 damage
Minor: Activate Stone's Endurace (DR 10/all until end of next turn)
Move: to G12
Standard: Masterstroke (encounter) - using Bloodclaw max
Vs AC; Damage (1d20+27=34, 4d6+34=50) Hits AC 34 for 50 damage, Karrak takes 4 damage, also if Onyx is already prone he takes 6 more damage (from rage)
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

alright, I look like a retard I know, but now I have to ask. again... :blush:
Does standing from prone provoke?

I thought it didn't but I also thought you could shift while prone, and that was wrong.

As I understand it, if Onyx stands from prone, he doesn't provoke. If Smokey is occupying the square Onyx would stand in, he stands in an adjacent square. If I'm wrong, let it play out.

I don't mind if renau1g changes his turn, do to Onyx not provoking, if I'm right.

Sorry for the trouble guys! :eek:

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]i'm not entrely sure here. Does any of you have a rules reference?
Standing does not provoke, but leaving a threatened square does. In this case, it might be considered something akin to a forced movement, which does not, but, as I said, I'm really not sure...[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'm not sure that the bear can move to the same spot as the prone Onyx:
Call Spirit Companion Shaman Feature
Your soul reaches out to your spirit friend, which faithfully
appears at your side.
At-Will ✦ Conjuration, Primal
Minor Action Close burst 20
Effect: You conjure your spirit companion in an unoccupied
square in the burst.

Emphasis added, despite Onyx being prone, the square is occupied.

An alternative solution is to use move to stand, standard action to shift away and then minor to call bear spirit? You'd draw no OA, but the wyvern is still prone.

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
move to stand, standard action to shift away and then minor to call bear spirit.

Sounds lovely.

Play on.

*sorry about the trouble again!*:blush:[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ata]
I still want to keep my action, but I don't want to lose my attack roll from the first attack, which would be my original attack. I want to use Masterstroke on Onyx. So can I use my first attack roll and the damage roll from the second attack, which is the correct amount
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Eglath turns with a feral grin and resumes his efforts to pound the deva into angel dust (sorry couldn't help it).
[sblock=Public] mark Zachar, then attack him, hits AC 32 for 23 damage
shift to M8[/sblock]
[sblock=DM, Ren] Free: mark all adjacent enemies
Standard: Strength of Stone vs. Zachar, hits AC 32 for 23 damage.
Move: shift to M8 [/sblock]

Remove ads