PrC - Holy Voice (approved)

Trouvere

Explorer
I think that's a great idea. Good name too. Can't fight the tide.

Hey, one more thing. You know how paladins with lower Wisdom have to wait a character level or two to get spells/day of their highest spell level, where there's a 0 in the spells/day column (i.e. a paladin with a Wis of 14 gets a single 2nd level spell at Pal 8, while one with Wis 12 has to wait until the 1 appears at Pal 10)? At Holy Voice 2 when the bonus domain slots are gained, would the table read 0+1 at effective levels 8 and 9 and then 1+1 at level 10, or would it read 0+0, 0+0, 1+1? That is, are domain slots available automatically, or tied to bonus spells for high Wis?

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
I think, using the PHB as a guideline, that even if you don't get the bonus spell, you'd still get the domain spell.

Solange

First Post
Would this be reasonable to change to Diplomacy or Bluff for us Diplomaticly challenged Paladins of Freedom? *bats eyelashes*

Rystil Arden

First Post
Solange said:
Would this be reasonable to change to Diplomacy or Bluff for us Diplomaticly challenged Paladins of Freedom? *bats eyelashes*
Paladins of Freedom don't get Diplomacy? I didn't realise that. That's ridiculous! I'd be willing to vote Diplomacy in as a class skill for PoF, but I don't think Bluff is an appropriate requirement, even for CG Voices.

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Paladins of Freedom don't get Diplomacy? I didn't realise that. That's ridiculous! I'd be willing to vote Diplomacy in as a class skill for PoF, but I don't think Bluff is an appropriate requirement, even for CG Voices.
Nope, Paladins of Slaughter get Bluff instead of Diplomacy too. :uhoh: :confused:

Or is it Intimidate?

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I house ruled them to have either or, and it sort of makes sense, but it's strange none the less.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I house ruled them to have either or, and it sort of makes sense, but it's strange none the less.
How does it make sense? You can't fight the oppression of tyranny without the ability to rally the masses (Diplomacy).

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
How does it make sense? You can't fight the oppression of tyranny without the ability to rally the masses (Diplomacy).
Yeah, that makes sense too. I think it was one of those opposite things.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Yeah, that makes sense too. I think it was one of those opposite things.
Bleah, the somewhat sporadic D&D agenda to try to cast Chaos as Evil and Law as Good ever since 1e where there was only one axis is annoying. Like Modrons--they're silly and funny, but Slaad are generally dangerous and bad.

If Solange proposes it, I'll vote in favour for PoFs getting Diplomacy.

Bront

The man with the probe
Or Lawful must be stuffy, yada yada yada... I don't dislike alignment, and it has it's place, but sometimes it seems people see it as more limiting or pidgeonholed than I think it was ment to be.

It's up to her to propose, but I'd back it too.

Remove ads