PrC - Holy Voice (approved)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wik said:
Sure. You know what, I was going to mention that there is a huge skill drain on these guys, but really, there isn't. And, really, Diplomacy benefits me more than Iron Will anyways (since Paladins really don't need that +2, Galwynn needs some feats!). Consider it done.

PS. Change made on the first page - the "actual" copy.
Sweet, then that'll be a YES from me. The skill req still includes mostly skills that the Paladin would want anyway (I may just love Diplomacy more than most, though), but they all fit the flavour, and it's now a substantial cut of points. Non-human Paladins need 12 Int (Humans Need only 10 to barely pull it off right on time, and if Humans take 12, it becomes suddenly quite easy with many extra points, but that's a substantial investment in Int) or else they are actually delayed one level due to the number of SP they need to spend.

So once again, YES

48 hours starts again right now--huzzah!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Trouvere said:
Pushes back an Int 8 human or an Int 10 anyone-else Paladin's earliest entry to level 8, unless they do something silly like start as Cloistered Cleric. No bad thing.
You made the same analysis I did when I designed the requirement, but you beat my post by 1 minute due to not needing to vote Yes. Bravo! Great minds and all ;) :lol:

Wik

First Post
Trouvere said:
Pushes back an Int 8 human or an Int 10 anyone-else Paladin's earliest entry to level 8, unless they do something silly like start as Cloistered Cleric. No bad thing.

How so? To get into the PrC as written, you need 18 ranks of skills (all class skills for the Paladin). A starting Paladin, non-human, with an int of 10, has 8 skill points. By 6th level, he will have 18 skill points - just enough to get in for 7th level.

Galwynn, an int 10 human at level 2, only needs 7 more skill points to qualify - which is in three levels. He'll hit the skill reqs before he hits the feat req.

Wik

First Post
Thanks RA for the Yes. I'd like to see a Yes from Bacchus, just so I don't have that red tar on my record, though. ;)

Now, I have to start RPing Galwyn's increasing connection to Halina, though it's been something he's been up to since he started. And Rae's been playing with it as well, what with Galwynn's dreams.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wik said:
How so? To get into the PrC as written, you need 18 ranks of skills (all class skills for the Paladin). A starting Paladin, non-human, with an int of 10, has 8 skill points. By 6th level, he will have 18 skill points - just enough to get in for 7th level.

Galwynn, an int 10 human at level 2, only needs 7 more skill points to qualify - which is in three levels. He'll hit the skill reqs before he hits the feat req.
2 points for the language if you lack Int 12! That's why Int 12 is such a huge gain for Humans. More points, and Celestial is free. Galwynn has 10 Int and is Human, so he's still fine.

B4cchus

Explorer
And here is my Yes and that red stain removed!
I wasn't out to blackball this proposal complete off the map but I was just concerned, like RA finely explained, that this PrC would become an automatic choice for any paladin out there.
Have fun with it!

Wik

First Post
B4cchus said:
And here is my Yes and that red stain removed!
I wasn't out to blackball this proposal complete off the map but I was just concerned, like RA finely explained, that this PrC would become an automatic choice for any paladin out there.
Have fun with it!

Yeah, thanks Bacchus.

And I wil enjoy it - when Galwynn hits 7th level.... only, uh, 5 levels away! :)

Wik

First Post
Ha. Yeah. I'm thinking what we need to do is have everyone leave, let Galwynn collect all the XP, and then.... PROFIT.

Plus, I may just have to cash in those GM credits. When Thomas Quinn wraps up, I should have enough to knock Galwynn to 4th. But I really want to keep within the rest of our group's levels - assuming we still decide to become "Keldar and Company" after Aether winds up.

Remove ads