• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PrC: Trip Master, Trip Anything!!!

Sekhmet

First Post
Yeah, I've always found the pinning rules in D&D to take way too long, coming from a martial artist perspective. Two rounds at most is enough to take many down. If there's not a feat for that already, there ought to be one.

The Sage said:
...You can grab someone and establish a hold
with one attack, but pinning an opponent is an option only
when you can make an attack and you already have a foe in
your grasp (see If You’re Grappling in Chapter 8 of the PH).
To grab and pin someone in one turn, you have to have at least
two attacks available that turn.

Apparently, The Sage has clarified. If you at least two attacks per round, you can Grab with your first attack and Pin with your second.
In the case of a character with 4 Attacks Per Round, you could Grab and Pin and have two attack actions left to do what you will in one round.

Belzbet

First Post
I actually play a trip fighter. Your class is nice, but i would never take it. Just too single focused.
I mean, the trip bonuses are great, but you probably will end died due to lack of manuversfeats that increase your chances to survive at the foe that resisted after your first 23 atks.

thanks for the suggestions and advice... however i do disagree that this character lacks survivability... I mean 5 levels of fighter gives you TWO feats (yeah that is nice but I would rather have the 5 abilities given by this class, if I was a tripper at least). I mean this still gives you FULL BA and d10's so really the ONLY thing you lose out on compared to the regular FIGHTER is 2 feats (I know who goes full fighter anyway but...). Yeah the ToB classes are good but I didnt design this class with ToB in mind or else I would have at least progressed SOME manuevers or stances or readied ya know... (they have PrC's to take that are great).

Also the point of this PrC WAS to be SINGLE FOCUS on tripping (the 5 levels couyld MAKE you a better tripper WITHOUT making you weaker in terms of survivability... I mean this PrC will still have survivability.."survivability" is vague mostly because it depends on the other members of the party; this class may not defeat your survivability (if you want to be the tank dont be a tripper). This PrC can still swing (and it can still take feats that increase its combat prowess in other areas)

With this said I DO like your suggestions and I do realize I should listen to someone that has a tripper PC... However it may make a difference tha I plan to use this as an NPC to fight my PC's (whom are all easy to trip). May I ask what PrC are you taking???

kitcik

Adventurer
If I could, I would be this one.

[MENTION=35909]StreamOfTheSky[/MENTION] you should change the title of that thread to make it clearer - this is a great PeC!

Remove ads