• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Precautions: The non-preggers kind

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
You'd probably have to case Nystul's aura on the blade itself, or it will still detect as magic. However, as it is an artifact, Nystul's Aura may not be enough to totally shield it's power.

Regardless, it will make it harder to detect than normal, so you might as well.
DM's Ruling but from the SRD under Magic Aura: "If the targeted item’s own aura is exceptionally powerful (if it is an artifact, for instance), magic aura doesn’t work."

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
DM's Ruling but from the SRD under Magic Aura: "If the targeted item’s own aura is exceptionally powerful (if it is an artifact, for instance), magic aura doesn’t work."
I'll say that Nystul's aura would dim it a bit - but it's still detectable by detect magic. Even dimmed, the sun is brighter than a lightbulb. That sort of thing. :)

Thanks for the lookup.

Another question - does everyone in the circle know where the blade is, or is it something that only a couple of you know?

The_Universe said:
I'll say that Nystul's aura would dim it a bit - but it's still detectable by detect magic.

Another question - does everyone in the circle know where the blade is, or is it something that only a couple of you know?
My initial thought is to only have the people carrying the blade have that information... but - then again - this isn't my "area"... so, Gertie - what are your thoughts? You're the pioneer of this idea...

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
My initial thought is to only have the people carrying the blade have that information... but - then again - this isn't my "area"... so, Gertie - what are your thoughts? You're the pioneer of this idea...
All I'm going to say is:

L'Aurel = no secrets

Doesn't make sense.

Xath

Moder-gator
I think the circle should know. After all, one thing that might trigger the contingency is the death of the carrier. If only she knew, that knowledge would die with her.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
I think the circle should know. After all, one thing that might trigger the contingency is the death of the carrier. If only she knew, that knowledge would die with her.
Right on. Everyone knows, then. :)

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
Sure, as long as we could have gotten 2 scrolls of teleport object and a Nystul's magical aura.
Just as long as you can pay for them, they're yours. Make sure to take the funds out of the resource list.

Remove ads