• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Monks

Zephalon

First Post
I have some questions concerning monks and prestige classes. As the FAQ states Prestige classes who can freely multiclass with monks add their base attack to the unarmed base attack of the monk. This means the multiple unarmed attack progression goes up.

1. Does this apply to unarmed damage as well?

2. Do prestige class levels count for monk AC increases

I would think so, because damage and AC should be based on unarmed base attack somehow. They represent how effective the
monk fights unarmed. And after all they are not the only class abilities a monk entering a prestige class would lose. It's still hard to decide, if a monk adds prestige class levels if he has to forego interesting abilities like quivering palm.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Zephalon said:
I have some questions concerning monks and prestige classes. As the FAQ states Prestige classes who can freely multiclass with monks add their base attack to the unarmed base attack of the monk. This means the multiple unarmed attack progression goes up.

1. Does this apply to unarmed damage as well?

Not unless explicitly stated, I believe.

2. Do prestige class levels count for monk AC increases

Ditto. As examples of prestige classes where this _is_ explicitly stated, see the shintao monk, tattooed monk and henshin mystic in OA.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads