Prisoner interrogation methods

Hellefire

First Post
'Command. "Confess!"'

'And in third grade, during a movie, I poured my coke from the balcony, then made sounds like I was throwing up 'blaah blaaaaaaah''

(Shamelessly stolen from the Goonies and 99% chance misquoted)

Aaron

ceratitis

First Post
we combined the diplomacy/intimidate/torture skills into a 'extract truth' skill. after all one can learn how to inflict more and more pain without ever bringing the 'patiant' to a life threatning situation. think of the last time you went to the dentist for ideas, and remember how many nerve endings there are in one little pinky before you cut it off.
as for the honey vs vinegar: a. most prisoners are not bees b. after drawing in the bees they tend to sting you and comit suiside at the same time c. isnt this the wrong way around in the first place? i mean if you dont have any bees where did you get any honey?
btw- to extract honey one uses smoke to scare the bees away so in order to get the honey you have to use violence/torture anyway.
Z

Elf Witch

First Post
Hellefire said:
'Command. "Confess!"'

'And in third grade, during a movie, I poured my coke from the balcony, then made sounds like I was throwing up 'blaah blaaaaaaah''

Aaron

I was thinking the same thing. :D

I don't know if there is a rule for it but if we use torture the NPC gets a will save to resist talking.

We have used pscychology torture beofre we had a bad guy who had a phobia of rats. And we had a druid in the party. It didn't take long to get him to spill the beans and the rats only got to have a little fun running all over him.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
pawsplay said:
Command. "Confess!"

*laugh*

This reminds me of a time I commanded someone with "undress". He dropped his weapons and removed part of his armour. :)

It's too bad that my initial idea doesn't work... I must have misread the bit about unconsciousness and saves. Still some interesting ideas in here! Any ideas for how to interrogate and not lose your good alignment? *grin*

frankthedm

First Post
If human psychology/instinct works in a fantasy world, then the Be Mean then Be Nice combo of Stockholm Syndrome should work well. Might even score the party some free followers.

JohnSnow

Hero
Elf Witch said:
Hellefire said:
'Command. "Confess!"'

Aaron

I was thinking the same thing.

Disturbingly enough, so was I. Although I believe his exact instruction from his torturers was "tell me everything."

Creepy how similarly some people's brains work.

I'd allow Command Confess, but it would take HOURS (or maybe days) to get the information. And of course, once he started, he wouldn't stop until he was done.

Or the spell was dismissed...;)

Remove ads