Professor Lampwick's Flying Goon Squad (A Thrilling Adventure)

Chopper Dave

First Post
"As it turns out, I left all my possessions with the clerk at the inn. However, i seem to have suffered a bout of amnesia, for i can't remember what i had. i also don't remember how strong, dextrous, etc. I am, or what I know how to do. All i remember is my name, and that I am a half-elf, and only that because I looked in the mirror."

Fou Pow!

First Post
Chopper Dave said:
"As it turns out, I left all my possessions with the clerk at the inn. However, i seem to have suffered a bout of amnesia, for i can't remember what i had. i also don't remember how strong, dextrous, etc. I am, or what I know how to do. All i remember is my name, and that I am a half-elf, and only that because I looked in the mirror."

"Egad! This is grave news indeed, Chopper Dave. But never fear, for I understand that when in a state of amnesia, the mind and, surprisingly, the body itself attains a most malleable state. Indeed, one could say that an amnesiac is able to, shall we say, 'rebuild' his very person from the ground up. Just don't forget to get that finely crafted rapier and that fancy magic glove of yours from the innkeeper."

"Now where has Pleasius gotten off to? Where, O where, can he be? I can't see him anywhere!"

Attachments

• monkey lookout.jpg
    monkey lookout.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 59

Buk

First Post
going shopping

Indeed, everything on your purchase list is available. The scrollkeeper seems quite distraught, as you've nearly cleaned out his entire inventory. He runs his hand through his thinning hair, saying, "I guess now I'll have to make more. So much for that opossum hunting trip in Velhorn, or whatever that damn place is called."

The potion vendor is well pleased to find paying customers in this burg, and says he won't stay much longer. You've bought most of his current inventory, which he expected to last a bit longer in a small place like Nestle, but he whispers conspiratorily that he doesn't really like it here anyway. Too quiet. In addition, for a fee a 50 gold per item, he identifies the items you've prevuiously mentioned.

FP, your ring is a Ring of Protection +2
CD, the gloves are Gloves of Grasping, and give you a +5 to pick pocket and climb skills, and a +5 circumstance bonus when someone attempts to disarm you. Also, the rapier was a +2 rapier of frost (+1d6 cold damage).

Does anyone else have anything unidentified?

In any case, when all the preparations are settled, you meet the filthy gnome, who finally tells you his name (Stegn), and set out for adventure.

Man of Science

First Post
Well, then. With a teetering tower of scrolls for Fou Pow! I will stagger down the road to the meeting place, where I will attempt to get all the scrolls to fit in my scroll cases and backpack. I'll consider the idea of scribing scrolls onto the inside of my wrists and forearms to save on space and keep it easy to find them.

--I don't remember much about the specifics of Chopper Dave's former self, but I believe we simply used an 80-point system (where you can put up to 80 points on your abilities whereever you like, but nothing starting over 18). And everyone was 5th level and, so, got 5,000 gp worth of starting magic items in addition to all the mundane (and masterwork) items they saw need for (so you probably had masterwork theives' tools and probably a masterwork climber's kit (+4 to climb, damn!)). I don't think Buk will care how you remake/make Chopper dave as long as you email him your character sheet or info. ;)

Fou Pow!

First Post
"Come now, Man, it's only seven scrolls. :heh: Besides, we'll need all the help we can get if we want to lay claim to any of the sweet, sweet treasure of Jim's Hole. I mean, that may be prime hooch-growing soil, there! So buck up, little adventurer! We'll get through this... Together." :D

Chopper Dave

First Post
"Why, I believe its all coming back to me now. Not very quickly, but definitely soon."

"I think I'll go to the front desk now and see what stuff they have in their safe"

Chopper Dave

First Post
Chopper Dave comes back to where the party is gathered...

"Good news fellows, not only did the front desk have my items, but they also had a note that I wrote myself to remind me of who I am and what I can do."

"I'd also like to buy 2 Cure Light Potions and a Cure Moderate potion, if yon vendor hasn't sold out"

Fou Pow!

First Post
"Good news indeed, Chopper Dave!" I lean in close to him and whisper conspiratorially, "Just between you, me, and the hitchin' post, I have a reminder note on the inside of my pants. Juuuuuuuust in case of... Well. You know. With the ducks and all."

"Now where IS our rangy ranging ranger compatriot? Is he off hunting mongoose again?"

Pleasius

First Post
ok, excuse me mr. gnome . . . Jim is it? or jimothy? This creature you speak of , you said it has antena? from the ground, huh? hmm . . . Could you give me a better description? What does it feed on? what kind of mating cycle does it have? Is it bigger than a bread box?

I would suppose from your descrition that if you bait it and use small game trap or maybe bigger you should be ok.

(cute little guy, so cute, yes yes.)

Fou Pow!

First Post
"Whoa! There you are, Pleasius! I didn't see you there. Indeed, it is as if you were hiding in plain sight. Or maybe it was because I was looking the other direction. Either way, wow!"

I sidle over to the gnome. "Yes, my filthy stinking friend, tell us more about what it was that attacked you and your companion out there in Jim's Hole, for even though we are now stocked up on potions, ointments, salves, tinctures, unguents, poultices, nostrums, balms, palliatives, unctions, cerates, chrisoms, emetics, lenitives, medicaments, demulcents, emollients, purgatives, inunctions, spikenards, and - yes - vulneraries, we are sadly lacking in the information area. For indeed, is it not true that someone who may or may not have been a wise general who may or may not have lived on another world and/or another time in what may or may not have been referred to as 'Ancient China' said, 'Know Thy Enemy'? I'm hungry."

Remove ads