Project Daedalus (Issue 3)

Agamon

Adventurer
Tyroc, Mimic
Alita smiles as Tyrone tells her how he can help her. “That’s is awesome, Tyrone, thanks. A chance at a fresh start, it sounds so easy, but it never has been until now. I’ll do my best.”

“You and your girlfriend look like a stiff wind’ll blow you down, boy,” Mama tells Miguel. “After we go shoppin’, I’ll fix you something proper for dinner. But for now, you’ll have to settle for some of my homemade potato soup,” she says over at the sink, cleaning potatoes. She looks over at the knife sitting beside the pile of clean potatoes and adds, “Those ‘taters ain’t going to peel themselves!”

“Tyrone?” Screaming Eagle says as she answers the phone. “Miguel showed up?” She looks quite relieved. “Great, that’s one less headache.”

“Lady?” she asks. “I have no idea. I was totally against having Aaron on the team, but the senatorial committee decided otherwise. I would assume they would send someone to speak with him and his parents, but if she’s already there then she was sent before I even knew who made the team myself. Did he tell you her name?”

The last bit of info furrows her brow. “Someone warned him not to come? I’m not surprised at the reporter. From my vantage point, this looks like it was all decided before the formality of the meeting today. But I’m not sure who might send him a warning. It really could be anybody. In fact, I would have sent it myself, this is not a job for a child.”

Misha
The computer dials the number, but after numerous rings, you decide he must not be around to answer, but you can leave a message if you like.

Blizzard
“I see,” Porter says. “I think we could make an arrangement, though I’ll have to get more details before anything formal can be done.” He smiles. “You’ve been great for the company, Jennifer. You know we would gladly have you on in any capacity available.”

Lupa
Daniels is quite appreciative of the hug. “Ah, it’s been fun, right, Dunn?”

Dunn just frowns at his partner’s flippancy.

Daniels shakes his head. “I really don’t know why they sent us. To protect you, I guess, but seeing you in action, you really don’t need much protecting. Besides, now I can say I knew you before you were rich and famous,” he says with a chuckle.

Entering the terminal, you head for the fast food stands. “Alright, burger and fries it is. Get what you like.”

Shimmering Samurai
You board your aerodyne, sitting down next to, who you assume to be an American, red hair, in his mid-30’s. He looks at you for a moment, then goes back to typing on his laptop.

After the aerodyne takes off, you notice him give a sideways look at you again before going back to his laptop once more. A few moments of studying the screen later, he says, “Aha, I thought I recognized you. You’re one of those BioGen people. Kiro, right? I’m Dan.” He says, offering to shake your hand.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Misha
The computer dials the number, but after numerous rings, you decide he must not be around to answer, but you can leave a message if you like.

Misha shrugs and hang up, and gets a quick shower in while catching up on the daily news. He then gets dressed in his normal formal attire, checking to make sure he looks just right in the mirror before heading downstairs to his Osprey II GT, a 2013 model, and heads down towards Pentagon City, picking up a bottle of champagne for Jerry and his fiancé, and a bouquet of roses for Jennifer.

Misha smirks, as he pays for the gifts, and then makes his way to the pub for drinks and some equally interesting conversation.

Calinon

First Post
"Winters. Her name was Winters," Tyroc says. "Whoever organized all this without keeping you in the loop needs a good swift kick in the arse, Angel. So is this lady on the up and up?"

If she is...

"One last thing before I let you talk with Miguel. You gotta let off the kid. The UN uses kids on one of their teams, and Aaron is likely as powerful as they are, and the last thing we'll need is a kid who gets his ego slammed around by his idol. That'd be you, by the way," he adds with a grin.

Once that is done, he'll hand off the phone to Miguel and help mama with the potatoes.

If she isn't...

"She... isn't?" Tyrone asks, his voice tightening in frustration. "Can you shoot an address and map to my email, please," he says, not actually asking as much as trying to avoid smashing the phone against the wall and rushing to Canada with no direction.

Once that is done, he'll give the phone to Miguel without a word and run upstairs to change back into his uniform. He grabs a printout of the map, or downloads one himself, before storming downstairs again to the kitchen. "I have to run to Canada to kill someone and save Aaron. I'll be right back," he says tightly, stepping out the back door and focussing on his powers to bring his flight up to a new level.

Extra effort for super flight. HP to counter fatigue.

Master_Pugs

First Post
Kiro arches an eyebrow but accepts the mans handshake with a nod, "I am Kiro, nice to meet you Dan..." He will softly clear his throat and look back out the window, not too interested in an in-flight conversation. Happy to have the time to think things through.

Shalimar

First Post
Lupa
Daniels shakes his head. “I really don’t know why they sent us. To protect you, I guess, but seeing you in action, you really don’t need much protecting. Besides, now I can say I knew you before you were rich and famous,” he says with a chuckle.

Entering the terminal, you head for the fast food stands. “Alright, burger and fries it is. Get what you like.”

Rachel grins at Dunn's frown, he wasn't very much fun, but Daniels made up for it. Rachel is just taking it all in in the airport, using her senses to scent out everything, the smell of the cleaners, everything. She follows Daniels over to the fast food stand, and orders a pair of Cheesburgers, Fries, and a soda, needing all the protein to fuel her other forms with their much faster metabolisms.

"Thanks for this, I always get really hungry after I change forms, my body just burns up energy so much faster." she tells the agents conspiratorily.

Mimic

First Post
Agamon said:
She looks over at the knife sitting beside the pile of clean potatoes and adds, “Those ‘taters ain’t going to peel themselves!”

Surpressing a laugh, Miguel flashes Alita an "a-told-you-so look" as he picks up the knife and starts peeling the potatoes. "No maam, they certainly won't do that."

Calinon said:
Once that is done, he'll hand off the phone to Miguel and help mama with the potatoes.

Miguel hands over the knife as he takes the cell phone.

"Hey Eagle, good joke, I never saw it coming. Ty says I actually made it, go figure." As he says this he will look over toward Alita and give her a look of mock surprise. So what's the deal here, what can you tell me?

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Thanks. I'll let you know more as soon as I can, once it's public and I get the full details. Have a good weekend." She turns off the phone, following her traditional custom of having the last word. Her mind immediately drifts towards other things. I'm going to need to practice some...I haven't really pushed myself for several years, other than a few rescue operations. And THAT talent won't come in handy where there's not any snow. Conservation of matter is what's holding me back. If I could just create more snow...

"Time to get packed," she decides out loud. "I'll need to arrange repairs for my car first..." Taking another cab drive to the accident scene, Jennifer quickly calls a tow truck and a pickup to the autobody shop, before taking a bus back to the inner suburbs of Denver, where her apartment was located, and walking the rest of the distance.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tyroc, Mimic
OOC: Some editing up there may be necessary to lessen confusion, guys ;)

“Winters? That would be Angela Winters, she’s to be your government liaison. But I didn’t know she went up to Canada personally to speak with the Kuypers. I really don’t know a lot about her, except that she was apparently a very successful attorney before coming to DC.” Eagle shrugs. “I seriously doubt it matters, have you spoken to his parents? The President himself could go up there to get Aaron to join and I don’t think they’d even listen. And don’t worry, if he does somehow end up on the team, I’ll be treating him like any other team member, and expect no less from him than I do any of you. That probably won’t help any with my idol status,” she adds with a smirk.

The phone is passed to Miguel. Tyrone takes over potato peeling, while Mama hands Alita some bowls and silverware to set the table.

“Hello, Miguel,” Eagle says. “Why am I not surprised that you found that funny?” she replies, shaking her head. “Tyrone has most of the details already. You are to meet at Freedom Plaza tomorrow morning at nine. I’ll see you then. I should go, I have a busy day ahead of me. Goodbye.”

As Miguel hangs up the cell, the house phone begins to ring. “Well,” Mama says, “there’s goes that phone again, boy. You can answer it, ‘cause Lord knows it’s for you anyhow.”

Misha
You reach the pub and a valet takes your car to the parking lot. The pub is quaint, a mix of Olde English style and modern convenience. It has a relaxing atmosphere, a reason you enjoy coming here.

You spot Jerry and his fiancé, Gwen, sitting at a booth along the far wall. They stand as you approach. “Misha, good to see you,” he says with a smile, shaking your hand. “You remember Gwen, right?”

“Hello, Misha,” Gwen says with a pleasant mile.

“Oh, look, some bubbly,” Jerry says, pointing to the champagne. “And roses, how did you know?” he says mockingly. “So where is this date of yours?”

Blizzard
You get back to where your car was and it’s gone. Standing near where you left it is Random, leaning against a nearby wall, reading USA Today. He looks up as you get out of the cab. “I thought you’d show up for your car,” he says with a smile. “Don’t worry, all taken care of. I spoke to the police, told them the situation, and had your car towed to Dan’s Autobody, I think it’s called. In a couple days it’ll be good as new. Did you get to your appointment all right?”

Lupa
“So you can eat all that and stay slim, hey?” Daniels says, sucking on a milkshake. “Now there’s an elite trick I wouldn’t mind having.” He pats Dunn’s belly, who is caught unaware of the move. “You could probably use it, too,” he says with a chuckle.

Dunn pushes the hand away. “Knock it off.”

“So, I assume you’ve never been to New York. If you think San Fran is a big, bustling city, you haven’t seen anything yet.” Daniels says with a nod.

Shimmering Samurai
Dan takes the hint and goes back to working on his laptop. The areodyne soon takes off and your journey back across the Pacific begins. A stewardess walks by and asks, “Can I get either of you gentlemen something to drink? Coffee, tea, soda?”

“Coffee, please, black, two sugars,” Dan replies without glancing up from his screen.

Master_Pugs

First Post
"I will gladly accept some tea..." Kiro mutters, bowing. He raises his head and meets the stewardess' eyes and cracks a smile, "Please..."

Remove ads