Project Daedalus (Issue 3)

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Misha
You reach the pub and a valet takes your car to the parking lot. The pub is quaint, a mix of Olde English style and modern convenience. It has a relaxing atmosphere, a reason you enjoy coming here.

You spot Jerry and his fiancé, Gwen, sitting at a booth along the far wall. They stand as you approach. “Misha, good to see you,” he says with a smile, shaking your hand. “You remember Gwen, right?”

“Hello, Misha,” Gwen says with a pleasant mile.

“Oh, look, some bubbly,” Jerry says, pointing to the champagne. “And roses, how did you know?” he says mockingly. “So where is this date of yours?”

Misha smiles warmly, “It is a pleasure as always Gwen,” he replies handing her the bottle of fine champagne, “I thought I should share my congratulations on the engagement, I was going to give the roses to Jerry, but I figured you might get jealous,” he winks to Gwen.

He turns to Jerry, “She is on her way, she is a very busy girl, but she promised me she would be here, so I am not worried. By the way Jerry, I start my new job tomorrow bright and early. So have you two set a date?”

Mimic

First Post
<and here you thought combining the two of us would make it easier>

"Come on Eagle it was funny." He tells her with a big grin, "you got to learn to relax."

"Ok, tomorrow morning at nine, it's kind of early but I should be able to pencil it in, later Eagle."

As the phone rings again, Miguel take the knife from Tryone so he can answer it.

<assuming that Tryone's mom was talking to him.>

Hammerhead

Explorer
Well, I was late, but it turned out not to matter, she says with a shrug. Did you guys catch your dangerous criminal?

Thanks for handling the accident. I'll be out of town for a few days, so the loss of my ride shouldn't hurt much.

Shalimar

First Post
"I've lived at the orphanarium since I was a day old or so, my mom left me on the steps in the middle of January," Rachel says sadly, "So I haven't really had a chance to go anywhere, I mean, there were so many of us that trips were just not a thing that we could afford. And after I graduated, I went right to work at the Dinner so I had food and somewhere to stay. So yea, this is gonna be my first time out of the state, well except for the trip to the park."

Rachel looks positively ravenous as she tears into the burgers, her pearly whire teeth sinking into the burger seems to give her great relish, and its not more then 2 minutes before she is done her food, and pushing her chair back from the table contentedly. "Its not really a choice, if I didn't eat as much as I do, I wouldn't just stay thin, I'd look like a stick and I'd pretty much be starving all the time, shifting just takes a lot of energy for me, and I need to eat to have any energy at all."

Agamon

Adventurer
Tyroc, Mimic, Elementor
OOC: Tyrone and Aaron can now have their conversation.

As Tyrone speaks on the phone, his mama watches as Miguel finishes the last of the potatoes. “Well done, boy. You’re pretty good with that knife, I dare say. Spend a lot of time in the kitchen, do you?” she asks, checking the pot of water on the stove.

Misha
“Thanks, buddy. March, next year, don’t have an exact date yet…” Jerry says.

“The 23rd,” Gwen interjects.

“Alright, the 23rd, down in Sarasota where her folks live. But congratulations are in order for you, too, what with your new assignment,” he adds with a wry smile, knowing full well that your new assignment isn’t really something you’d celebrate.

“Ooh, new assignment?” Gwen says with a grin. “Is that top secret cop stuff, or can you tell us about it?”

As she finishes her question, the pub quiets down. Everyone watches as Jennifer enters the room, her black backless dress allowing for her huge feathered wings. Her raven hair is done up, and she wears a small onyx pendant on a silver chain around her neck with matching earrings. You hear a few people whisper, “It’s Screaming Eagle,” and the like as she spots you and makes way towards the table.

“Hello, Misha,” she says with a smile.

Blizzard
“Yeah, we got him,” Random says with a nod. “Not without ruining a couple more cars, though,” he adds, rolling his eyes. “Oh, you’re leaving, are you? Where to, if it’s not none of my business?”

He expression turns a bit sheepish. “Oh, right, I wanted to apologize for the…” he motions to his head. “You okay? If you have a headache, it’ll go away in a couple hours. Sorry. Just be happy the boss guy didn’t fly right off the handle and try to stop you himself. His bullets are a lot more painful than my mind blasts.”

Lupa
“Well, I think you’ll be seeing a lot of the world now, being on this team,” Daniels says.

Both of them watch in awe as you wolf down your food (pun intended :)). “Wow,” Daniels says. “We can’t have you turn into a beanpole now, can we? You want some more?” he says, offering her the rest of his fries.

Shimmering Samurai
The stewardess smiles at your politeness. “Coming right up, sir.”

A few minutes later, she returns with a cart and hands the tea to Dan, who then passes it to you before taking his coffee and thanking the stewardess. He takes a sip before getting back to his laptop.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Misha
“Thanks, buddy. March, next year, don’t have an exact date yet…” Jerry says.

“The 23rd,” Gwen interjects.

“Alright, the 23rd, down in Sarasota where her folks live. But congratulations are in order for you, too, what with your new assignment,” he adds with a wry smile, knowing full well that your new assignment isn’t really something you’d celebrate.

"It is really nothing to be too excited about," Misha feigns modesty.

Agamon said:
“Ooh, new assignment?” Gwen says with a grin. “Is that top secret cop stuff, or can you tell us about it?”

"Well-" Misha starts but trails off as the pub goes silent, already guessing who had arrived.

Agamon said:
As she finishes her question, the pub quiets down. Everyone watches as Jennifer enters the room, her black backless dress allowing for her huge feathered wings. Her raven hair is done up, and she wears a small onyx pendant on a silver chain around her neck with matching earrings. You hear a few people whisper, “It’s Screaming Eagle,” and the like as she spots you and makes way towards the table.

“Hello, Misha,” she says with a smile.

Misha returns the smile, and casually hands Jennifer the roses, “Evening Jennifer, you know how to make an entrance,” he offers her a seat and sits down after she is situated. He takes a seat not the least bit intimidated by her fame and beauty, handling the scene with a casual grace and charm afforded to him by his training and elite abilities.

“I would like to introduce you to my date for the evening, Jennifer Borlund, although her reputation may precede her,” he turns to Jennifer, “and this is my buddy from my early days in the service Jerry Brown and his wife to be, Gwen.”

Misha pops the cork on the champagne he brought in, and pours a glass for everyone at the table starting with Jennifer and ending with himself, “They were just congratulating me on my change of assignment,” he turns to Gwen, “as I was saying before, my new job I will be working on a new elite team being assembled to work alongside American Freedom. It’s the career move of a lifetime for an elite,” he adds.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"It sounds like it, it sounds like we would be traveling all over the place if we were together with American Freedom." Rachel agreed happily, sounding anxious to get on her way now that the food had been consumed and her tummy was feeling pleasantly full. She wanted nothing more then to get on the Aerodyne and lay down in her seat for a nap, very much like a wolf after it had fed well.

She shakes her head at the offer of extra food, she needed to eat to keep her energy up but she never ate more then she needed, she didn't want to become slow and fat. She excuses herself to the bathroom wanting to 'go' one last time before the trip. When she returns, she grabs Daniels by the hand and pulls him along to the gate, leaving Dunn behind to clean up what if anything had not been finished in her absence.

"You and Dunn have been really nice to me since we met today, you got me new clothes, food, and now your taking me to whats probably the best job I am ever going to have. I want to say thank you." she tells him, havig long since pulled him to the chairs nearest the the entrance so that they can be the first ones into the Aerodyne. She gives him what appears to be a sloppy kiss but in reality is a few licks and a few gentle nips, an altogether pleasant experience. She smiles at him before whispering, "Thats how wolves say thank you, I always like doing things the wolfish way,if I can get away with it, it just feels more satisfying, more then just words anyway."

Mimic

First Post
Agamon said:
As Tyrone speaks on the phone, his mama watches as Miguel finishes the last of the potatoes. “Well done, boy. You’re pretty good with that knife, I dare say. Spend a lot of time in the kitchen, do you?” she asks, checking the pot of water on the stove.

Before I was grabbed by Biogen I worked in various restaraunts in L.A. Doing dishes, peeling potatoes, that sort of stuff. They didn't pay a lot but they usually give you a free meal so at the very least you'd have food in your stomache. Miguel tells her, shrugging his shoulders.

Remove ads