[Proposal] The Wild Lands of Zheen

garyh

First Post
I really like the looks of this, Goblin King! Having the map be sectioned (with blank area) and updated in progress makes a lot of sense, and the geography you came up with is really neat, too.

renau1g

First Post
Cool Beans Goblin King! It looks great... what program did you use to make it?

I always like a pirate area....

garyh

First Post
So is it all done basically by hand (and looks like maybe a stamp type tool)? If so, even more impressive!

Graf

Explorer
This is an excellent alternative method of skinning the cat.
It's not really modular, but obviously that's not something we've bought into.

Personally I'd like to start with just maps 11 and 14 defined. Keep the starting area small. The other squares can be "best guess maps" or something.

PS I've mucked around with GIMP before. This is really someone who can actually draw...

The Goblin King

First Post
Its done with stamps. When you set the grid to 34x19 and turn on Snap to Grid the tool will more or less center itself in the correct hex (it still needs to be moved a bit depending on how far zoomed in you are)

garyh

First Post
Goblin King, I saw your post in the cartography forum and DLed the appropriate tools. It's surprisingly quick to get started on such maps (although making interesting ones like you have will of course still take skill and time). We might consider linking to that thread from the proposal so folks know how to change / add to the map easily.

Remove ads