[Proposal] The Wild Lands of Zheen

covaithe

Explorer
Since we're at that point in the roadmap, I had a read through what exists of this setting proposal so far and made some notes on what I think it's missing in order to be a viable setting proposal. Please note this is all my opinion, which is not particularly authoritative.

• Mostly, it just needs fleshing out. This isn't really a setting yet, just a map with a lot of names. A really good map with good names, but it needs a lot of work yet. I think I agree with Graf that it would be nice to pick just the two main starting maps, 11 and 14, and concentrate on those.
  • The wiki links to the pages for named areas, e.g. Lyecen, Kingdom of Jade, Valley of Bones, Allarian League, need to get filled in. These can be just pointers to versions from other settings, with an explanation that it will be adapted to Zheen as needed.
  • Daunton. If I understand correctly, this is intended to be the starting town, so it needs to have some depth. At least a handful of NPCs, a tavern or two, history, major geography. Possibly something about why it's the starting city, though maybe that's not necessary.
  • The Allarian League. This seems to be the major geopolitical power structure in Daunton's neck of the woods. I think it needs a good backstory, and all the cities that are members need some background too. Probably want to have some explanation of how they relate to Daunton, too: are they friendly? hostile? ancient allies recently grown wary? loyal to the highest bidder? plagued by internal dissent? I can see a lot of plots being tied up in the politics of the League, so it wants some love.
  • pantheon?
  • What is the level of civilization like? PoL? City-states with firm control over their immediate surroundings, but wilderness elsewhere? Fully settled lands that aren't wild?

That's enough to be getting on with, I think.

Remove ads