Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
OK, the Healers of the Sacred Heat mostly concentrate on non-adventuring sorts of cures. Warts, arthritis, STDs and the like. It's certainly possible to make such a character, but it's not a particularly adventure-ready organization. They don't worship a god, but instead focus on the magical healing properties of fire. Although none are statted in the book, I'd probably make them adepts, if I ever needed to stat one up.

hero4hire

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
OK, the Healers of the Sacred Heat mostly concentrate on non-adventuring sorts of cures. Warts, arthritis, STDs and the like. It's certainly possible to make such a character, but it's not a particularly adventure-ready organization. They don't worship a god, but instead focus on the magical healing properties of fire. Although none are statted in the book, I'd probably make them adepts, if I ever needed to stat one up.

A cleric with the Domains of Healing and Fire could work. I can definitely see some interesting RPing for such a character. I kinda think it would be interesting to have his Healing Spells *hurt*.

But if it doesnt sound too appetizing I can easily come up with some other ideas.

Gnome Quixote

First Post
Name: Wikipaduran Dimnamfaddle Thistledown Potentloins
Race: Male Gnome
Class: Bard 1
Align: Chaotic Neutral

STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 14 (+2)

AC: 16 (10 +3 Armor +2 DEX +1 Size)
HP: 7

Saves:
Fort: +1 (0 +1 CON)
Refl: +4 (2 +2 DEX)
Will: +2 (2 +0)
(Note: +2 save vs. illusions, +4 dodge vs. giants)

Skills:
Concentration +5 (4 + 1 CON)
Craft (Alchemy) +3 (+1 INT +2 Racial)
Hide +6 (+2 DEX, +4 Size)
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +3 (2 + 1 INT)
Knowledge (History) +3 (2 + 1 INT)
Knowledge (Local) +3 (2 + 1 INT)
Listen +2 (2 + 0 WIS)
Perform (Squeezebox) +6 (4 + 2 CHA)
Perform (Comedy) +6 (4 + 2 CHA)
Sleight of Hand + 4 (2 + 2 DEX)
Swim +4 (4 +0 STR)
Use Magic Devices +6 (4 + 2 CHA)

Feats:
Point Blank Shot

Equipment:
Gnomish Squeezebox
Studded Leather Armor
Cutlass
Light Crossbow
Crossbow bolts (50)
Spell Component Pouch
Rope, hemp- 50 ft
Grappling hook
Torches (3)
Backpack
Flint and steel

Bard Spells Known:

Level 0 - Daze, Lullaby, Resistance, Summon Instrument

Languages:
Gnomish, Imperial, Elven

Bard Abilities:
Bardic knowledge
Bardic music
Countersong
Fascinate
Inspire courage +1

Gnome Abilities:
Low-light vision
+1 attack vs. kobolds and goblinoids
1/day 'speak w/animals' as lvl 1 caster
1/day - dancing lights, ghost sound, presigitation
+1 bonus to save DC vs. illusion spells cast

Appearance:

Wikipaduran is small and short of stature, even by gnome standards, standing a half head shorter than most mature gnomish males. He is, however, remarkably fit and well-muscled, and is quick to assure that, as his surname promises, what he lacks in height, he more than makes up for in other areas. He has sparkling blue eyes, wild red hair that always seems unkempt, and bushy eyebrows, above a neatly trimmed and waxed goatee that stands in perfect counterpoint to them. He tends to dress in various shades of blue, in an effort to bring out his eyes; his clothes are clearly well-worn and carefully patched in places, but not threadbare. Although not particularly religious, he wears a small pendant in the shape of the gold nugget of Garl Glittergold, a parting gift from his youngest brother.

Background:

Wik is a wanderer and vagabond who hails from a gnomish colony on the Prustan Peninsula. He claims to be the son of a retired gnomish outlaw who once served as chief engineer onboard the clockwork-powered galleon of the dread dwarven pirate Firebeard. Having run away from home at a young age to seek his fortune in the Sea Kingdoms, Wik has recently followed rumors of Firebeard's reappearance on the Whitewind Sea all the way to Ptolus, where he has naturally gravitated to the Docks district. He hopes to somehow attract the pirate's attention and sign on with his crew of dwarves, gnomes and halflings, following in his father's footsteps.

In the meantime, Wik makes his living via his gnomish squeezebox and his quick wit, improvising humorously bawdy sea chanties based on the local legends, news and gossip that he's absorbed during his stay. He's become most enamored of the stories of the delvers adventuring beneath the city, and has become quite popular in the taverns for the ballads of triumph, tragedy and swashbuckling derring-do he has adapted from them. When not playing or carousing in the Docks district, he can often be found snooping around Delver's Square, keeping an ear open for the basis of his next masterpiece. He frequently has to leave in a hurry--partly because, while catchy, not all of his songs are entirely complimentary--and also partly because he's not above liberating a few folks of their coin purses in the process. The money, he insists, goes to a good cause, often finding its way into the hands of a hardworking "muse" or two in the docks district, whom Wiki often turns to in search of...er, inspiration.

Personality:

Wikipad is normally a flippant, devil-may-care scoundrel with a passion for wine, women and song--not necessarily in that order--who takes life as it comes, content to let his dreams and tall tales of high adventure remain so, for the time being. However, the recent grisly murders of a few of his favorite muses--and the apparent disinterest the Watch has taken in them--have struck a chord within him. Under the cover of gathering tales for the composition of a new ballad, he has quietly begun making inquiries into both the murders themselves, and the long-ago legend of Longcoat.

Last edited:

Keravin

First Post
Posting my own placeholder to get a character sheet in for. Been playing a rogue/akashic in another Prolus game so time to try something different.

Dave Turner

First Post
Two questions for you, Whiz (Ringo):

1) Psionics? Why not open things up a bit and include the SRD for chargen, rather than the PHB?

2) Can we present a couple of characters for consideration at the same time?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
hero4hire said:
A cleric with the Domains of Healing and Fire could work. I can definitely see some interesting RPing for such a character. I kinda think it would be interesting to have his Healing Spells *hurt*.

But if it doesnt sound too appetizing I can easily come up with some other ideas.
Well, feel free to put together at least a background for the character. I can be sold on the idea.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Dave Turner said:
1) Psionics? Why not open things up a bit and include the SRD for chargen, rather than the PHB?
No psionics or general raiding of the SRD, sorry. I'm going for simplicity's sake here. Having said that, in a future Ptolus adventure, I'll likely be more open to SRD stuff. But I'd rather get this adventure undermy belt first.

2) Can we present a couple of characters for consideration at the same time?
Of course!

G

Guest 11456

What about a non-standard race possibility? Not thinking of anything with an ECL here. But a monster character that has been rehabilitated by the "Brotherhood of Redemption".

Remove ads