Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Especially in the early stages of the adventure, there WILL be questioning of NPCs, so having someone who doesn't repel them is probably a good idea, even if they're not a traditional "face" character.

Wrahn

First Post
Voadam,

Improved Initiative may not be the ideal feat selection, I am not sure that it will effect anything, I would check with Whizbang

And what? Nine isn't good enough? At least Jossen doesn't smell, unlike some prospective members of the party.

Voadam

Legend
Dave Turner said:
Interesting build with the half-orc rogue. You can rely on the rogue's high skill point allowance to compensate for the Int penalty. Very clever. :)

As far as Cha being the red-headed stepchild, that does seem to be the trend. Maybe a sorcerer or bard will come out of the woodwork? I think that most have taken Whizbang's warning against social characters a bit too seriously. Maybe I'll whip up an alternate just to balance things out. :)

My charming leg breaker maxed out a social interaction skill I'll have you know. ;)

Besides charisma is a composite attribute. Beauty is part of it. Garn just happens to have been beaten with multiple ugly sticks. Repeatedly.

I've posted my submission, Bill Schnitz, here.

Bill has Charisma as his highest stat. I've started him out as a fighter because it fits his background, but he'll be straight sorcerer after that (or so I hope, but I am definitely willing to take another arcane class if that's what is needed). I've indicated Improved Init as a feat on his character sheet but will probably dump that in favor of something else. I'd forgotten Whizbang's intent about initiative order and posting. Question to you, Whizbang...would it be acceptable to take Combat Casting at first level even though Bill hasn't taken a level in sorcerer yet?

Voadam

Legend
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Improved Initiative is essentially a wasted feat, given how initiative is going to work in this game.

I had completely forgotten your variant iniative. :eek:

I'll come up with something different.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
CanadienneBacon said:
would it be acceptable to take Combat Casting at first level even though Bill hasn't taken a level in sorcerer yet?
Sure. You don't get any benefit from it until you can cast spells, but that's certainly something you're allowed to do. ;)

Bill and Garn might know one another. Bill has access to a network vis a vis his crime organization. Bill's from the Warrens and lives in a dump owned by his syndicate, so he might well have seen Garn around. Bill might also be someone who Garn would think of finding if Garn wanted answers about his mum.

Remove ads