Put Yourself in the Adventure! [Probably Full]

Festy_Dog

First Post
If you want to create an accurate test it'd involve a lot of time and money as far as I know, involving genuine research and testing of the test itself. The best method I can think of when you're just putting your own stats together for a game would probably be point buy or something similar, and not so much figuring out your 'stats' exactly but comparing how you think you are in some 'stats' relative to others.

That way, despite the number of points you have to work with you can still have stats which could possibly reflect what you're like in real life. To give players free reign with their own stats could be problematic when you have people trying to conservatively figure out their actual 'stats' and others statting up what they're like in their wildest dreams.

Kerrz

First Post
Yeah. I think the plan is to go with a point-buy system. The tests and whatnot are to give folks an idea of where to put those points. For example I would have a high strength, intelligence and wisdom. Tyreus would have stats that were roughly equal across the board with maybe a slightly lower intelligence.

Anyway. YES FOLKS WE ARE STILL RECRUITING. Post your autobiography and sit back and lap up the fun. I'll be posting character creation guidelines soon.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
I'll thrown my proverbial hat in.

A high school graduate, who works in the dorm of a blind school. I have some aspirations of medical school, but overall, lack the motivation to do anything but sit in front of my computer and sip my diet vanilla coke, and smile broadly at my contentment for life.
Though my high intel and cruddy memory will serve well as an absent minded professor, one day.

My stats from the abiltiy test were as I expected, mostly

and I have no idea what my occupation would be considered.

Kerrz

First Post
Good to hear LogicsFate, perhaps you would be a Smart Hero with Blue Collar starting occupation... probably using Drive, Intimidate and Craft (Electronic) as your class skills. Maybe Student starting occupation with Computer Use, Knowledge (Civics) and Knowledge (Earth and Life Sciences).

LogicsFate

First Post
The second option sounds better(I can't drive, intimidate, or craft(electronic) very well:p )
I'll look over the jobs and come to a decision soon

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I'm a 32-year old married father of three. I'm finishing my PhD August 12, and starting work as a Postdoc in a neuroscience lab at Loyola University Medical Center August 15. I think I'd make a pretty good Dedicated Hero with Academic as an occupation, but might also qualify as a Smart Hero.

Kerrz

First Post
Alright. So we have a slacker, a doctor, a high school athlete and a detective. I'll keep accepting applications, but for now I'll let you guys get down to the nitty gritty.

Post your Character Sheets to the Rogue's Gallery at:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=141256

Your characters are first level, and you will be using a 28-point-buy system. Try to be realistic about yourself and not powergame. If you can, try to EXPLAIN your stat choices. ie- Say that you have 16 Strength because you can lift 260 over your head like the SRD says you should be able to. Or that you have have 14 Intelligence because you have about a 140 IQ, and IQ -> Int is about 10:1. You have trouble making friends and always say the wrong thing, so your charisma is sub-average. Etc, etc...

Other sourcebooks can be used at request, but most everything you need to explain your everyday life in Character Sheet format should be found in the d20 Modern core book, so try to stick to that. If there are any more questions about character generation, post them here, but make sure to post your sheets themselves to the other thread so that they are easier to find and sort.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I don't have the book, so I'm relying on the SRD and I have a question. In regular D&D you get an extra feat and extra skill points for being human. However, I don't see any race info in the modern SRD. Is everybody supposed to be human? If so, I'm guessing there aren't any feat/skill bonuses for being human.

Edit: Plus, is human base speed 30'?

Edit again: OK, more questions.

The wealth bonus for Academic is +3, but I think this is too high for my actual position in life. As a postdoc, my wealth bonus would be more like +2. Is it OK for me to use +2 in this game?

Last edited:

Kerrz

First Post
Human base speed is 30'.

The core book assumes that everyone is human, and adjusts accordingly on the Level-Dependent Bonuses chart (giving an extra feat at first level and extra skill points.) I'm trying to find out where the rules are in the SRD, but since they don't have the same chart in the SRD, I think it's mentioned somewhere that you get two bonus feats at first level and one at every level that is a multiple of 3 thereafter, in addition to whatever class-based bonus feats you obtain.

Here is an easier-to-handle SRD. Same information, just a different format.
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/modern/roarerbull/Home.php

Remove ads