Put Yourself in the Adventure! [Probably Full]

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Cool, thanks!

A couple more questions:

Are we using the Allegiances system?

Edit: OK, I posted my character sheet. Please let me know if everything meets with your approval. I'll clean it up and make it prettier later tonight.

Last edited:

Kerrz

First Post
I'm unsure of the Allegiances system. While it is a handy RP tool, I feel that it is easily misused.

I'll allow it at the start, choose your (up to) three Allegiances as you see fit, with decent explanation. However if you feel no particularly strong bonds to anything in particular, do not feel pressured to use them.

As for your character, I enjoy the little notes about the life. We'll see about making rules adjustments when we come to that point. The languages I can live with though for sure. I prefer a language system that is not perfect, so we shall work something out if/when the situation arises. It will probably involve an incomplete translation, catching verbs but confusing proper nouns and subjects and whatnot.

Kerrz

First Post
Vigwyn, I just noticed, your Wealth Bonus is wrong. You get +3 as an Academic. To determine wealth you take 2d4 and add your starting occupation's wealth bonus. If you think you can come up with a more realistic number, feel free to choose one, realizing that a roll of 8 would mean you are the richest you can start the game as, and a roll of 1 means just above the poverty line.

Kerrz

First Post
Heh. Come on. Join the dark side. After all, the test told me I had an 18/15 Intelligence and 17 Wisdom. I'm making myself into a Strong Hero now (after some examination, it's a far better fit.) If I can cripple myself, you can too!

Also: HAH, I went through all the trouble of making my character sheet up and then realized that I assumed, for my own game, that I was using a 32-point buy. I was wrong, it's 28. Man I'm going senile. *takes the bonus off of his wisdom/int scores after all*

Rystil Arden

First Post
LogicsFate said:
I expected as much, can't lower yourself to our level for a game?:p
Well, unfortunately, if I'm to believe the people around me (and that website), then I've lost a huge chunk of the points right away on Intelligence (curious thing about Intelligence is that I don't really see myself as being that smart, but I've been told I am--I think that people overrate me because of my test scores on those standardised tests and my grades at MIT, but that's just me).

When I got my stats back from that test though (and it gave me a class and race too), I was thoroughly amazed because the stats were a very good fit for the class, and I knew I would play a character with those stats in a heartbeat...Of course, it was 40+ point buy, so I imagine anybody would :lol:

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kerrz said:
Heh. Come on. Join the dark side. After all, the test told me I had an 18/15 Intelligence and 17 Wisdom. I'm making myself into a Strong Hero now (after some examination, it's a far better fit.) If I can cripple myself, you can too!

Also: HAH, I went through all the trouble of making my character sheet up and then realized that I assumed, for my own game, that I was using a 32-point buy. I was wrong, it's 28. Man I'm going senile. *takes the bonus off of his wisdom/int scores after all*
The test gave me 18/18 Intelligence, and unfortunately, people I know would yell at me if I didn't tell you it was a good fit. Weirdly enough, I have explanations for the stats it gave me:

Strength 10--I'm not incredibly weak, but I'm certainly not strong. Also, the site gave me bonus strength because I can do a nigh-infinite number of sit-ups, which is really Constitution (I have a lot of Con), so I can see lowering myself to around 8.

Dexterity 10--I'm not particularly fast at reaction times or good at ranged combat, and I didn't win too much in fencing bouts because of my inability to do the fancy footwork well--however, I'm not incompetent at it, and I know a lot of people who are significantly worse. 10 is exactly right for me in Dex.

Constitution 16--I almost never get ill and actually never missed a day of school for illness, and I managed to run all the way down the Samaria Gorge in Crete on rocky terrain--apparently no small feat, as a marathon runner later told me that he was aching terribly from just walking down the gorge. I can see this lowering somewhere in the 14 or 15 range, I guess.

Intelligence 18--Yeah, ummm...I'm the guy that my classmates at MIT often ask for help. I also got a 1600 on the SATs. Not that any of that stuff matters, but...

Wisdom 13--I'm rather perceptive and stubbornly strong-willed, and I think this may be a place where the test actually underrated me--When I found some of the things I supposedly had 'wrong' , I have explanations as to why my answer is at least as valid :lol:

Charisma 15--I was voted to my high school Homecoming Court. I hear that high schools don't usually do that for the valedictorian sort, but everyone really liked me there. High school was fun :)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Kerrz said:
Vigwyn, I just noticed, your Wealth Bonus is wrong. You get +3 as an Academic. To determine wealth you take 2d4 and add your starting occupation's wealth bonus. If you think you can come up with a more realistic number, feel free to choose one, realizing that a roll of 8 would mean you are the richest you can start the game as, and a roll of 1 means just above the poverty line.

I guess I'll take the average result for 2d4 (5) and add what I think is most in line for a postdoc (+2) for a total bonus of +7. Does that sound legit?

Remove ads