Putting Corpses in the Bag of Holding

Did you ever put a corpse (friend or foe) in a Bag of Holding

• Yes, but only once or twice

Votes: 59 37.8%
  • No, never thought of it

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • Yes, all the time

Votes: 63 40.4%
  • Yes, we have a specific bag JUST FOR that reason!

Votes: 11 7.1%

scourger

Explorer
I've only seen this once. The DMPC suggested that the dead pet PC (PPC) go in the bag with the DMPC magically preventing the PPC's corpse from decaying daily until the DMPC could get the very agnostic PPC's remains to the DMPC's home temple for some very rare resurrection magic. The part that stuck in my craw was that my dead (non-pet) PC, despite being a cleric of a large order in the big & close city, got thrown in a shallow grave very unceremoniously and left to rot (after being looted, of course). That campaign has been on hold so long that I think it went dead, too; so I'll probably never see how it gets resolved.

I remember in a silly game we had a near TPK leaving just the rogue and the wizard. The rogue points out that there's not enough room in the bag for 3 bodies and I think I (the wizard) asked
"How many arms/legs will fit in your handy haversack?"
Someone (the dead fighter) jumped in with "Hey, they are the right shape."

There were jokes later about putting the wrong arms with the right bodies during the casting of raise dead.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I once had a high level Necromancer in a war campaign and I spent all my free time creating Wraiths from the bodies. And of course the Wraiths who killed soldiers created Wraiths as well.

Several big battles were me v. army. I would open my Bag of Holding and hundreds of Wraiths would fly out.

Was a cool campaign for a while, but then it eventually got out of hand because the only way for the DM to challenge us was to make NPCs who could essentially annihilate us. Anything less we could annihilate.

Nathan P. Mahney

First Post
Just the once.

I was DMing, and managed to take out half the PCs with a meazel. They tossed his corpse in the bag, and on they went.

Later in the module, the character with the bag had to swim through a section of the dungeon that was populated by a group of piranha-men types who favoured rotting meat. He got past them by pulling the meazel corpse out of the bag.

Jubilee

First Post
One time we came across a severed elven hand in a lich's dungeon. It appeared to have either been preserved or only recently severed. I don't know why anymore, but we decided to hang onto it - so my archivist put it in her heward's handy haversack. Not long aftewards, something happened and I heard a scrabbling noise in my pack! I screamed "get it of get it off!" and got rid of that pack as fast as gnomishly possible! Anyway, the hand crawled out, and the flesh sorta melted off of it as we watched and then the skeletal hand pointed at a doorway.

It was about the creepiest thing we've encounted in the game and the GM did an exceptional job describing it.

I'm now carrying the disintigrated ashes of a force dragon in one of my haversack compartments, and I am terrified that it will do something horrible some day.

/ali

Stalker0

Legend
We currently have 2 staked vampires in a bag of holding. One party member is trying to redeem his love who turned into a vampire, so the moral voiceboxes in our party think every vampire should get a fair shake:)

Remove ads