Putting Corpses in the Bag of Holding

Did you ever put a corpse (friend or foe) in a Bag of Holding

• Yes, but only once or twice

Votes: 59 37.8%
  • No, never thought of it

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • Yes, all the time

Votes: 63 40.4%
  • Yes, we have a specific bag JUST FOR that reason!

Votes: 11 7.1%

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Dragonbait said:
Bard was disintegrated -> swept him into a sack (No one sneeze!) -> sack went in the bag of holding.

So, yes.

You forgot to mention that this bard was carrying several of the group's magic items at the time (*mutters* I shouldn't have looked up when spell disintergrate was mentioned..)...

Dragonbait

Explorer
Relique du Madde said:
You forgot to mention that this bard was carrying several of the group's magic items at the time (*mutters* I shouldn't have looked up when spell disintergrate was mentioned..)...

And all of the group's money, too.

Jolly Giant

First Post
In DMed a campaign that ran all the way into epic levels and beyond, where the players had no fear of death, since a True Ressurrection was easily affordable to them. I think everyone in the party had at least one ride in the bag of holding, some had several! :p

The fun began when they put an unidentified magic glove in the BoH, because the glove functioned like a miniature BoH. (It could hold one item, IIRC; it's from one of Monte Cook's books.) And of course you know what happens when you put a BoH into another BoH! :lol: Both BoH's were destroyed and the contents were hurled into the astral plane.

The player who's PC corpse was in the bag got extremely nervous; not that they needed the corpse to ressurrect him, but the corpse was still wearing all his magical gear! And way up in the epic levels, a PC has a lot of magic gear! :p

The party's wizard said not to worry, he'd prepare a couple of Plane Shifts and some suitable divination spells the next day. He'd find the corpse, no problem! That's when I reminded him that all his spellbooks were also in that BoH! :lol:

Sejs

First Post
Yes. Oh yes. Done it often.

Even briefly had a 'bag of kidnapping' with its own air supply and a widemouth top.

I'm actually just waiting for players in my game to spring the ol' bag the bodies routine on me. Oh it'll be fun. Corpses, as a point of course, are rarely tidy things. Not something to be shoving in a tight space with your other possessions.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
"Crap, the rogue died."

"Well, break his bones and stuff him in the bag."

The best part was that the rogue in question died often enough that he had an entire wing of a temple dedicated to him.

Brad

Silver Moon

Adventurer
I'm a rather lenient DM so will allow part of the party to travel within the bag of holding but also track how soon the air in the bag gets used up (which happens faster with more people in it). Once the whole thing almost became a Body Bag of Holding as the character with the bag got himself killed and the monster he had been fighting just tossed the bag onto his treasure pile. Thus, five characters were trapped inside with no knowledge of what was happening outside and nobody else alive to rescue them. As they began to pass out from lack of air the cleric inside pleaded to be allowed a chance to pray to his gods for Divine Intervention. I said it was unlikely but would allow up to a 10% chance. He rolled percentiles and got lucky on that roll, otherwise all six would have died. And even thought the deity did assist them they lost the bag in the process. And since that time they've always kept two characters outside of the bag instead of one.

was

Adventurer
..we usually haul our dead this way now, people got tired of their deceased characters being used as tower shields....

Oh, yes.

NPC accompanying the party is killed by a bodak's death gaze (and will rise 24 houors later as a bodak). The party stuffs the body in the bag of holding ... 24 hours later, it's a bodak in a bag!

They were too scared to open it, though, so eventually they stashed it somewhere they hoped no one woulod find it.

Janx

Hero
Way back when, probably our 5th session or so, our group had swelled to about 9 members. The next session, 2 or 3 of those players couldn't make it, so I got the bright idea of stuffing them into my bag of holding for safe keeping (the PCs were sleeping). I thought it would be like a stasis bag or something. I'm helpful that way.

Luckily those players weren't able to come back, and I got to sell their stuff, after our DM realized, you can't put living things in a bag and expect them to stay that way.

I also had a good money making scheme by stuffing all the swords and armor of all the defeated enemies in the bag, and selling them off each time we got back to town. Since all that junk would get ignored by the party, it was free cash, just lying there. I made a lot of money that way.

Remathilis

Legend
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Oh, yes.

NPC accompanying the party is killed by a bodak's death gaze (and will rise 24 houors later as a bodak). The party stuffs the body in the bag of holding ... 24 hours later, it's a bodak in a bag!

They were too scared to open it, though, so eventually they stashed it somewhere they hoped no one woulod find it.

That just gave me a great idea for a "random" piece of treasure lying in some dungeon...

Hey, if they kill it, free bag of holding!

Remove ads