Putting Corpses in the Bag of Holding

Did you ever put a corpse (friend or foe) in a Bag of Holding

• Yes, but only once or twice

Votes: 59 37.8%
  • No, never thought of it

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • Yes, all the time

Votes: 63 40.4%
  • Yes, we have a specific bag JUST FOR that reason!

Votes: 11 7.1%

Onyx

First Post
Oh boy

Yeah, I once had an adventuring group I was running put a loyal follower/cohort 's body into a bag of holding that wasy 'empty because we rarely use it'. So, 8 game months later they opened the bag....

amazingshafeman

First Post
My Dread Necro kept as many of his skeletons in a bag as possible whenever we were in "civilized" lands. I use quotes because he was a thri-kreen, traveling with a kenku, kobold, and satyr, so it's not like we hit many places bigger than a small town, unless it was the equivalent of Mos Eisley.

Robert Ranting

First Post
In the first campaign I DM'ed, the party happened upon a bloated corpse wearing a courtier's outfit floating in a sunken ship. Making a Knowledge (nobility and courtesy) check, they recognized the son of a wealthy merchant family, and decided to take the corpse with them and eventually return it to the family for burial (and possible reward). So into the bag of holding it went...for something like 4 1/2 months of in-game time. Worst of all, a particularly psychotic party member took to pulling the corpse out occassionally and doing a dreadful "ventriloquist" act with it. Eventually they made their way back to civilization, cremated the body, and sent it's ashes to the family, but by that point I wasn't about to reward them for their "service".

Robert "Sometimes Players Disgust Me" Ranting

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Isn't there a Knights of the Dinner table sequence that is terribly appropriate for this thread? Or am I thinking of Lord Gilead and the whole "army in a bag" thing?

Agent Oracle

First Post
Blah, did it once, and the DM forced a bad taste in my mouth as a result.

Our party's paladin fell in battle against a "Not Drow! Just a blue-skinned elf the GM home brewed" Ranger enemy NPC with favored enemy (elves). Oh, and the baddy was not "Evil" (in spite of having hos own race as a favored enemy). Anyhow, we managed to defeat the enemy ranger, and we were in sight of this massive black-dome (Not evil!) which was the city of shadows (NOT EVIL!) where the (not drow!) dark elves lived.

I said that this couldn't possibly be a safe place to hold a burial, and opted to put the paladin's corpse in the bag of holding so we could give him a proper send-off when we were safer.

The GM was appaled by my lack of reverence for the dead. We were (*cough*railroaded*cough*) captured by the (not evil) dark elves and placed in a prison where the bars were too narrow to fit a finger through. Then *cough*freighttrain*cough* put into an arena pit where a GMPC saved us *cough*sightseeing*cough*. He also got us back all of our equipment (minus the paladin's corpse)

After the whole affair concluded, the GM handed out experience and I leveled, but the GM said i could no longer level as a monk because I had behaved too chaotically, citing the paladin-inna-bag specifically.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
TarionzCousin said:
Isn't there a Knights of the Dinner table sequence that is terribly appropriate for this thread? Or am I thinking of Lord Gilead and the whole "army in a bag" thing?

Bag World!

Remove ads