dave2008

Legend
Douwd
The Prophets (DS9)
Nagilm (TNG)
Organians
V’ger
Caretaker (Voyager)
Well that was fun! I just spent a bit to much time reading up on all of these. I am ashamed to say I only remembered V'ger, despite also having seen (upon reflection) the episodes with the Douwd, Nagilum, and Caretaker.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The Prophets might be able to come close to matching the Q, we don't really see much of their capabilities but they seem pretty powerful although they tend to stick to their wormhole.

The Prophets might be able to come close to matching the Q, we don't really see much of their capabilities but they seem pretty powerful although they tend to stick to their wormhole.
Nah the Prophets are Sidereals at best. They're powerful in their sector of space but they are nowhere near Qs power, I say this with DS9 being by far my favorite trek too.

I'd love to see someone's write ups for some of these races. Heck, Star Trek entities and gods in general. I'm a little surprised it hasn't been done yet. I'd do it, but I'm more familiar with Xanth than Star Trek, even if I like both.

Hey dave2008 amigo! :)

Honestly, 6, 7, & 8 seem largely redundant to me. Obviously you do you, but 5 multiverse, 6 Omniverse (Akashic Record) seems perfectly reasonable

It sort of depends how you define a Multiverse.

As always, I am interested to see what you come up with.

I get these ideas that 'MUST' be in the book and that distracts me for a day or two.

I'll get there...eventually.

That doesn't sound good.

For the best. I can't seem to make make serious progress while doing this job. Hopefully the books will be successful enough to cover the loss of salary (I'm optimistically confident).

Hopefully it works out for you in one way or another.

Well I won't know until I give it a try.

Back to the Q, and this may be my lack of knowledge of the Star Trek lore (I'm only familiar with the shows for one, and primarily the original, next generation, & movies), but I don't remember any abilities where a Q seemed to harness the power of a multi-verse or a superverse (whatever that is).

Well that's the interesting thing about creating an hierarchical RPG system. With a basic attack a creature shouldn't be able to 'one-shot' itself. So if Monster DMG (x) and HP (y) ascend at the same rate, if the Q can do 'x' then their HP must be 'y'.

So a Time Lord (my ones) has the HP of a Universe (its 'y') then its basic attack DMG will be 'x'.

Now one of the features of upscaling 5E is that damage (and by extension HP) is a bit weird. For instance a Universe only has about fifty times the HP of a mountain (such as Everest). Which sounds utterly crazy when I type it; but factoring in Damage Threshold it actually makes sense (you'll just have to trust me for now).

So with the DMG and HP so condensed you get disparities where Universal beings won't one-shot galaxies with basic attacks - and in many ways this parallels something we would see in comics (from beings like the Living Tribunal).

Remove ads