Q (and his enemies)

Rogerd1

Adventurer
Hey FEBF buddy! :)

Coincidentally enough I have recently been examining the Q and similar sci-fi entities for a reason to do with the current books. I won't delve into the exact specifics but essentially...

I have made a few changes to the divine ranks and wanted to overlap the Kardashev scale with my system. The Q worked out at Kardashev scale 6 with Gallifreyans at 4. Been trying to find something I would consider Kardashev Scale 5...? The Xeelee also seem like a 6. I might still tweak the upper echalons on the system a tiny bit here and there.
Okay so Gallifreyans from EU Lore, well in one book / radio (?) the Doctor depowered some Eternals, essentially Who equivalent to a Q.

Now Eternals can destroy a universe in Who, and so too can many beings like it in Who. One the Charon I believe the Time Lords warred with at one point.

So there are a lot of Transcendental Beings, so calling them Time Lords is a misnomer really. Look at the Great Old Ones in Who, while basically taking some of Lovecraft, and going their own way with it, they created a bunch of beings that as a whole all work according to ancient covenants - as a Great Old One fully manifesting would pop a universe like a bubble. So they have agreed that being Old Ones of emptiness is a bit boring, so they created rules.

Question, where are you getting your Kardashev scale? I wasn't familiar with the concept so I did a little google-fu and his scale only included types I, II, & III. It was then extended by others to include 0, IV, & V. But I haven't seen a type VI. Based I what I read type V can control the energies of a collection of universes. Q never seemed that powerful to me, I would think type IV at best (based on the scales I found).

Anyway, I like the concept of coordinating with the K scale (and I was unknowingly doing something similar), just curios what version of the scale you are using.

Now the tough question: any update on when you will be releasing your 5e book?
There are some good ideas here, but you would be better if you used 10th dimensional.

So one multiverse could contain various different start conditions.
However, there are numerous multiverse theories - so best to describe the one you use in your book.
If you are using Tegmark, I would use this, it makes it a bit easier to understand.

So in theory you could have a Tegmark Lvl 1, and a Lvl 3 multiverse existing together, just the latter would be in Hilbert space.

Nah the Prophets are Sidereals at best. They're powerful in their sector of space but they are nowhere near Qs power, I say this with DS9 being by far my favorite trek too.
Okay in one of the comics the Q battle the Prophets.
Also in one of the comics, nuTrek Gary Seven states that the Q are a candle, and he is the sun due to killing all his alternate selves. Being non-live it is non-canon, currently I believe.

There was one really interesting quote from Voyager, when Q talked about having a Q/human hybrid, about waves of human consciousness washing up on every shore in existence.

Q: Precisely. What the Continuum needs right now is an infusion of fresh blood, a new sensibility, a new leader, a new messiah. Think of it, Kathy. Our child will be like a precious stone tossed into the cosmic lake, sending endless ripples of human conscience and compassion to wash up on every distant shore of the universe. What greater contribution could a being of your limited power ever hope to make? What is more important to humanity than peace? I'm offering you the opportunity to be the mother of peace.

Not sure if that helps you?

Howdy FEBF! :)

Its so far above Core D&D that only the Immortal's Handbook would even attempt it.
M&M 3e could do it, and would be the best way to even attempt it if you were using some of the Cosmic Handbook.

Last edited:

Remove ads