• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Facing Truth (New Campaign Recruitment)

Yeoman

First Post
Rolzup said:
Friendly, I should think. No sense, from his point of view, in alienating a comrade...and besides, he has a certain reverance for healers. It's not something that he would openly express, but he'd be likely to defer to her somewhat because of this.

That sounds good to me. I can see them respecting each other's strengths, which would benefit the entire group.

evolutionkb said:
Everyone would know Kaelan was a changeling, even though he is never revealed his true form. Kaelan still considers himself a Valenar though.

I had been wondering about that, thank you for clearing it up. I think that the ease with which Kaelan is able to "be someone else" could make Catherine uncomfortable, but she would have a great deal of respect for his ability and his commitment to his 'bother's' memory. I think she would want to try to get close to him to learn who he "really" was.

Shayuri

First Post
Seems I need to do one of these too. Neat!

Kaelan Tahlinali (Jin), Changling (Elf) Ranger/Fighter

-- Elements of Individual Interest: Species and its abilities. Ability to vary appearance, species and gender are fascinating. It evokes a level of individual freedom heretofore unobserved in sapient species of Khorvaire. Curious if personal gender is properly male, female, or neuter. If neuter, there is a connecting element to self. Curious too about duplicity and the role deception plays in his life. Parallel: Deception and Violence are both popularly misunderstood forces. If Violence is self's purpose, and Deception is Kaelan's, then that would be a connecting element.

Catherine Valeska, Human Healer/Knight/Fighter/Marshal

-- Elements of Individual Interest: Intriguing to note professional similarities to Darrick, yet vast differences in interpretation and execution of similar knightly vows and vodes. This suggests that one's profession is not the source of one's individuality. In paticular, Catherine is valued due to her unique powers of healing (corrollary: Catherine is identified as having highly empathic/emotionally sensitive nature...is this why she pursues healing while Darrick does not?) which are vital to promoting continued operation of team members during engagements. Her leadership and morale boosting affinities also of value, especially in conjunction with Darrick.

Trebuchet, Warforged Warmage

-- Self. Subjects of interest: Metaphysical. Do I have a soul? If so, was it created by the forge, or originate in some other existance (reference: var religious texts). What god, if any, is most appropriate for my worship? Is violence a sufficient purpose? Should qualifiers be added, or would they detract from the purity and simplicity of it?

Darrick ir'Davven, Human Knight/Marshal

-- Elements of Individual Interest: Code of honor over and above military duty; is it stifling? Why did he make the choice to restrict his own activities? Ability to inspire others: what is involved? How does one develop those skills? Note that these also apply to Catherine, to lesser extent.

Sepoto, Shifter Monk of the Closed Fist (Ninja)

-- Elements of Individual Interest: "Ki" - what is it's nature? Is it magical? Psionic? Also, the personal/physical consequences of 'shifting.' Does it alter one's personality? Perspective? Does the history surrounding lycanthropes color any of his current attitudes towards existing organizations?

Charles Feyheart, Human Scout

-- Elements of Individual Interest: Attitudes towards warforged, and combat in general. Also, curious about enigmatic origins, and how that shapes his self-image.

Pebele

First Post
It looks like everyone is well on their way to getting their characters integrated.

I will be creating and posting in the game thread either later tonight or early tomorrow. I'll put the links to the game thread and the new OOC thread here.

As I mentioned at the very beginning, I really want everyone to post at least once per day. I understand if something comes up, and obviously real life comes first. I do ask if at all possible that you shoot me an email or post in the OOC thread if you're going to be gone for more than one day. Obviously emergencies come up and in that case online stuff is out of your mind. I will ghost characters as necessary in these events.

However, if anyone disappears for a week without any sort of notice, I'll be forced to try and find a replacement. I hope that this doesn't seem overly harsh to anyone. I've been in too many games that have just up and died because people disappear, I really don't want that to happen.

As far as rolling goes, I'm going to trust everyone to make their own rolls. I'd like everyone to use this die roller.

Questions? Concerns? Offers of chocolate? Let me know!

Pebele

First Post
Ok everyone, it looks like the only person we really haven't heard from is Rookseye. I've gone ahead and posted the contents of the letter each of the students received.

You can find the game thread here.

The new OOC thread is here.

Hope to see you all in the new threads soon!

Pebele

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
Sure, just start a thread up in the Rogue's gallery part of the boards. We can repost/update our characters there.

I hadn't thought about it, but I suppose it would be convenient for people to keep track of their characters.

Ok, here you go.

That would cut down on the need to keep posting updated character sheets in the game thread.

Remove ads