• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Queer As A Three-Sided Die: Round Table From GaymerX3

At the GaymerX3 convention in December 2015, several well-known tabletop roleplaying industry members took part in a discussion called "Queer as A Three-Sided Die" which dealt with issues of queerness in the tabletop community. The participants were Tim Motishaw (D&D Adventurer's League Regional Coordinator), Joseph Carriker (Changeling: The Lost, Relics & Rituals, Stormwrack), Jeremy Crawford (lead designer, D&D 5th Edition), Steve Kenson (Mutants & Masterminds), Donna Prior (OrcaCon, Green Ronin), and Wesley Schneider (editor-in-chief, Paizo). The YouTube video is below (51 minutes), but I've also borrowed a bunch of bookmarks from Wesley Schneider's website so you can drop in at points which interest you.

At the GaymerX3 convention in December 2015, several well-known tabletop roleplaying industry members took part in a discussion called "Queer as A Three-Sided Die" which dealt with issues of queerness in the tabletop community. The participants were Tim Motishaw (D&D Adventurer's League Regional Coordinator), Joseph Carriker (Changeling: The Lost, Relics & Rituals, Stormwrack), Jeremy Crawford (lead designer, D&D 5th Edition), Steve Kenson (Mutants & Masterminds), Donna Prior (OrcaCon, Green Ronin), and Wesley Schneider (editor-in-chief, Paizo). The YouTube video is below (51 minutes), but I've also borrowed a bunch of bookmarks from Wesley Schneider's website so you can drop in at points which interest you.

[video=youtube;xCQCO5ZCONo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCQCO5ZCONo[/video]

[h=4]Bookmarks[/h]

delericho

Legend
That was very interesting. Thank you.

But just one thing... when they're doing panels of that sort, where they're taking questions from the audience, I really wish they'd either pass a mike to the person asking the question or have the moderator repeat a summary of the question afterwards. Especially when there's something loud going on in the next hall over. (In this case, since the questions tended to be pretty long, passing the mike would have been the better solution.) Sadly, it was often quite hard to hear the question, which meant spending some time working out what the panel were reacting to. (That, of course, is nothing to do with the content of the discussion. :) )

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Should be noted that this is a recurring panel; a search for 'queer as a three' on YouTube also returns video of the panels of the same name recorded at GenCon 2012 and 2014.

Still, a good find, and topical given the recent thread in the AL forum.

--
Pauper

dwayne

Adventurer
Well that was just boring, I am just here to play and forget about all the politics and PC correctness don't need it force fed to me by yet another medium.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well that was just boring, I am just here to play and forget about all the politics and PC correctness don't need it force fed to me by yet another medium.

There are some 5,000,000 other posts here on EN World. One of them featuring some gay game industry folks talking is not "force feeding" you anything, let alone "political correctness".

If the topic doesn't interest you, move along. 4,999,999 other posts which aren't "force feeding" you anything.

I wish I could force feed you material. I'd be rich beyond my wildest dreams as I made you read all my WOIN books and EN5ider articles! But, sadly, I cannot.

Remove ads

Remove ads