• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Prestige Classing.

Skead

First Post
Hi there, I currently have a level 5 Character, 2 fighter / 2 barbarian. (still deciding to put a level in fighter or barb)

My questions were, if I'm working towards a frenzied berserker (I know of the risks and the DM talked me and he is going to allow for a few things to make it less dangerous. I also talked to the group and they want me to go that because the rest of the part is pretty weak for combat damage)

But yes, If I am level 5, I can't choose to become a frenzied berserker AT level 6, can I?
I have all the prerequisites other than the 6 BAB which I will get AT level 6. So how does that work?

Thank you!

Folly

First Post
Since choosing a class is the first aspect of leveling you must meet all requirements of the class with your preleveling character. If the requirement is 6 BAB then you must have 6 BAB before choosing Frenzied Barbarian.

Darklone

moritheil said:
4 bbn/2 ftr is a pretty classic way to qualify.
And the modern way is bbn2/ftr4 with Weapon Spec and heading towards Melee Weapon Mastery... the bonus to hit is too nice in combination with Power Attack (and all it's upgrades).

Remove ads