• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick question: does the prohibition on online play affect your playtest?

Perspicacity

First Post
I don't know if I should be laughing at a 5 page thread full of posts by people bemoaning rules that they're just going to ignore, or shake my head in wonder at all these people who have SO much more integrity than anyone I have EVER known.

I dont see how they can enforce that rule. A bit like saying people cant playtest over the phone or by mail. At this point i dont believe people are taking thr terms of the playtest all that seriously.

drothgery

First Post
Since the only surefire opportunity I'd get to playtest the rules is in a PBP game, I'm definitely disappointed. And think it's kind of silly, given how broadly the playtest materials are available.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I dont see how they can enforce that rule. A bit like saying people cant playtest over the phone or by mail. At this point i dont believe people are taking thr terms of the playtest all that seriously.
I am taking them seriously, I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't. My RL alignment is LG!! If I agreed to a contract, then I'm fullfilling my end even if it is imposible given the constraints of the same contract. I shall find a way to playtest without breaking it. And besides If I planned to break the terms I wouldn't have talked about it out loud.

Edit: As the thousands of people who got the playtest package through the ilegal mirrors that spread like bunnies through the internet, without agreeing to any terms or giving away any email. Like I said before you don't even need to look for the links, people were giving them away like candies yesterday, I saw many of them while looking for more information on the serious issues of the official download. Yet I decided to await until I could download it from the official site, and I almost gave up entirely rather than back away on my word. It's not the term signers Wotc should worry about, it's all of those other people.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Folks, a gentle reminder: I'm looking for data here. If you want to discuss the appropriateness of the restriction, please use a different thread.

Colmarr

First Post
It affects me. My group is spread across three cities and two countries. Our only oportunity to play test would be online.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Folks, a gentle reminder: I'm looking for data here. If you want to discuss the appropriateness of the restriction, please use a different thread.
Should I edit / excise my previous post given that it didn't cointain any helpful information on the subject but rather a mini rant?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads