• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Question. (Genesis/Demiplanes)

Bob5th

First Post
Quick Question.

What 3.0 book did the Genisis spell appear in? I know the Psi Handbook had one but I'm looking for the Wizard version. I looked in all the books I could think of but it wasn't there or I over looked it.

FireLance

Legend
Knight Otu is correct. Genesis was listed as the 9th level spell of the Creation domain, and also got listed as a 9th level Sor/Wiz spell in the Epic Level Handbook. It's not in the "normal" spell lists in the ELH, though - it's in Chapter 3 "Running an Epic Game" under "Lords of Their Personal Plane".

Bob5th

First Post
Thanks. Ok another quick question. In Defenders it mentions the plane you make can be fully customized. Do this include time wise? For instance could I set it up so that a day on the new plane was only an hour back on the "real" plane?

Thanee

First Post
Why does this remind me to playing Amber? :rolleyes:

I trump into my personal shadow, raise an army, prepare a couple hundred spells and after a year I come back. Since only a few minutes have passed since then, they should still be fighting. :D

Hmm... I guess such delicate questions might be covered in manual of the planes, if anywhere at all, but I would probably not allow the time flow to be different.

Bye
Thanee

Bob5th

First Post
Well I was thinking about setting up a series of Inn's that link to a demiplane made by Genisis in wich the customers can sleep for 8 hours and leave and it only be 20 minutes after they left.

dave_o

Explorer
I'm pretty sure you can set things like that with the Genesis spell. In MotP it states that the creator of a demiplane can set it's traits, including time flow, gravity, element-dominance, and alignment-dominance.

Besides, it's a cool idea, if I were your DM I'd let you do it. :D

Malicene

First Post
I know a PrCs can do this kind of thing, it's in MoTP but can remenber the name ! can try to find the 2nd Ed spell "Planar Seed", it can help too.

anyway as far as I remenber : this takes a long time, as upon creation the 1/2 plane is quite small and it grows very slowly.

I play a Wizard (17th Illusionist) and his friend (an arch-mage/wizard/air elementalist) are to create their own plane.... but this is to long to grow, will be dead for century before having the corrcet size ...

so by now they are looking for Time travel spell or item so we can create the plane in the past (a millenium ago) and then go back to normal time ... but still they did not found it ... (the player knows about Chronomancy spell but the character don't !!)

Remove ads