• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick simple question

Asmo

First Post
Simple question; what does this mean? "The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier."
Half of 1 is 0.5? This is about the Channel Energy ability, and are we rounding up or down or what?

Asmo

Kaiyanwang

Explorer
Always round down, IIRC.

so, the DC of a Cleric of level 11 with a Charisma of 18 (+4) is

10 (base) +
5 (11/2 = 5.5 = 5) +
4 (18 charisma modifier) =

I hope is useful...

Dingo333

First Post
Always round down, IIRC.

so, the DC of a Cleric of level 11 with a Charisma of 18 (+4) is

10 (base) +
5 (11/2 = 5.5 = 5) +
4 (18 charisma modifier) =

I hope is useful...

I agree except in 1 case

A level 1 with an 18 Charisma I would say the DC is 15 (10 +1/2 cleric level rounded up + Charisma mod)

Only affects a level 1 cleric, rest of the time round down imo

noretoc

First Post
I agree except in 1 case

A level 1 with an 18 Charisma I would say the DC is 15 (10 +1/2 cleric level rounded up + Charisma mod)

Only affects a level 1 cleric, rest of the time round down imo

Why?
Why would the rules for level 1 be any different? If you are rounding down for other level, then 1 should round down too.

lvl 1 cleric, 12 CHA
DC 11

Adso

First Post
Pathfinder Core Rulebook, page 8, under playing the game. Last sentence of the second paragraph.

"Unless otherwise noted, whenever you must round a number, always round down."

Ignoring the strange "are" in the sentence, which gets submitted as errata when I get into work today.

Dingo333

First Post
Why?
Why would the rules for level 1 be any different? If you are rounding down for other level, then 1 should round down too.

lvl 1 cleric, 12 CHA
DC 11

Because in every game I have played, the GM have been actively out to kill the party. 1 Point wont make a difference half the time, but occasionally it will mean life vs death (and in this case undeath)

Remove ads