• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Warlock Question

Sgt_Shock

First Post
Can a warlock curse 3 enemies in a single turn? (Using all three actions?)
I ask this because my Warlock currently has a rod which deals 1 damage to the target once cursed. Sounds like an efficient (And certain way) to clear three minions a turn.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Nope. You can only use Warlock's Curse once per round until Paragon tier, when you can take a feat to do two targets at once.

Cheers, -- N

Flipguarder

First Post
I'd rule that they can.(oh yeah nvm NinjaNifft is right) But if I were your DM I'd give you about 3 encounters to enjoy this in, then immediately give all minions 2 hp from then on out.

Heck in my games I already give minions like 35-40 hp at level 9

Ryujin

Legend
Not without help he can't, and not before Paragon tier. A Quickcurse Rod will give you a curse as a free action, once per encounter, and at Paragon you can take Twofold Curse. That's the only legal way that I can see to curse 3 opponents in a single round.

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Rod of Corruption.
... will allow you to transfer your curse in a burst, but is a transfer (and not the same as "place your curse"), so it won't cause damage when used with that other rod.

Only the curses you place yourself (using your class feature) trigger the auto- damage.

Cheers, -- N

lukelightning

First Post
... will allow you to transfer your curse in a burst, but is a transfer (and not the same as "place your curse"), so it won't cause damage when used with that other rod.

Only the curses you place yourself (using your class feature) trigger the auto- damage.

Cheers, -- N

Stop poking holes in my cheese! It's all Swiss now! ;)

There is also the Hexer paragon path that has a few ways to curse multiple people.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads