R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Patlin

Explorer
[sblock=How Long has this battle been?]
Dungannon said:
ooc: Initiative time. Fimble is on the sideboard of the carriage, both wagons have stopped and Gideon and Babette have just climbed down from theirs.

We're 143 days in to this combat, and just over 200 posts. We're averaging less than two posts a day. We don't seem to be making much progress, either.

Is there a way we could speed this up a little? If people are still having fun, maybe we could try to get the posting rate up... otherwise, perhaps just a story ending and closing the adventure? If people are tired of this game, I'd have no objection to 'The wererat gets away. The End.'

I hope this isn't coming off as being grumpy or upset, it's hard to convey emotion in pure text. I'm just getting the impression that others, players and DM alike, aren't enthusiastic about this at this point. Tell me I'm wrong![/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
Patlin said:
[sblock=How Long has this battle been?]

We're 143 days in to this combat, and just over 200 posts. We're averaging less than two posts a day. We don't seem to be making much progress, either.

Is there a way we could speed this up a little? If people are still having fun, maybe we could try to get the posting rate up... otherwise, perhaps just a story ending and closing the adventure? If people are tired of this game, I'd have no objection to 'The wererat gets away. The End.'

I hope this isn't coming off as being grumpy or upset, it's hard to convey emotion in pure text. I'm just getting the impression that others, players and DM alike, aren't enthusiastic about this at this point. Tell me I'm wrong![/sblock]
ooc: I definitely didn't plan on this confrontation taking this long, and I take blame for the length of it. It could've been over earlier when Gideon had Drezel grappled if Tor hadn't been taken out by the Color Spray, and technically you have fulfilled your employment. You've identified the person behind the robberies, you weren't tasked with his actual capture. There's still a chance you can capture him depending on Gideon's action this round. He'll reach the melee this round.

IcyCool

First Post
When he reaches the melee, Gideon will do his best to flank Drezel and lay into him with his silvered longsword.

OOC: Here's Gideon's attacks for the next several rounds. If Gideon can flank with Babette or Tor, add +2 to the attack rolls.

Attack, damage (1d20+4=13, 1d8+1=9, 1d20+4=22, 1d8+1=2, 1d20+4=23, 1d8+1=6, 1d20+4=12, 1d8+1=5, 1d20+4=13, 1d8+1=9)

Btw, I don't mind the long combat. I was a bit slow in the posting department for a while there, but I should be up to speed again now. I'm also fine with speeding up the adventure if needs be.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Well, personally, I feel a little useless, because Drezel has such a high AC and he's way out of range. But I feel like we're making progress, albeit very very slowly. I don't want to give up yet!

"Babs!" Fimble shouts as he rummages through Otto's clothes. "Use your dagger to distract the rat so Gideon can get in!"

Or in other words, I recommend making a DC 10 aid another check to give Gideon (or Tor) a +2 to his attack rolls.

Patlin

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I don't want to give up yet!

ooc: I'll try to match your fortitude, then. :) If there is anything we can do to get this stuff flowing faster, though, that'd be great.

Tor will yell out "Toss me the scimitar!" in case anyone is in a position to do so.

Dungannon

First Post
round 18 concluded

Gideon closes the gap to the fight and manages to get the horse stopped and himself back on the ground without trouble. Gripping his sword firmly, he prepares to join the skirmish.

Fimble, finished with searching Otto and finding nothing of note beyond a brace of daggers and a unique ring, hurries over to where Tor dropped his scimitar and picks it up. He drops his backpack to keep from becoming overloaded.

Babette strikes out with her dagger once more but still can't find an opening in Drezel's protection.

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
round 19 started

Drezel turns from Babette and attacks the newcomer to the party, sinking his teeth into Gideon.

Metrius finds a scrollcase in the chest and takes a moment to examine the contents.

Tor lashes out with his chain, but fails to connect with the creature attached to his friend.

Gideon slashes at the thing attached to his arm, but the angle is wrong and he can't get a good strike.

roadfight25.jpg

[sblock=crunchystuff: ]
Drezel bite attack on Gideon = 17, damage = 4.
Tor attack on Drezel = 5
Gideon attack on Drezel = 13
Fimble's action, then Babette's
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Round 18

"Ergh! A ring?! What can I do with this?" Fimble pockets the ring and spins around. He huffs and shoots Metrius a glance. "Can you handle things?" Without waiting for a response, Fimble scuttles as fast as his short legs will carry him towards the others. He stoops down and snatches up Tor's scimitar on the way, dropping his own backpack to compensate for the weight gain. (drop pack, pick up scimitar, run 40' south)

Round 19

Fimble continues to run, closing the distance between him and the battle ahead. (run 80' south)

(Drezel is 305' away)

Last edited:

Remove ads