R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Heckler

First Post
ooc: As I'm last in initiative, is there any point to me aiding another's attack? And if I can aid another I'm not sure what modifiers I can add to the roll. If I can't aid another I'll keep attacking.

1d20=11, 1d4-1=1

If I can aid another, my mods are STR+0, BAB+1, flanking+2(whichever apply) and disregard the damage roll.

If I need an attack roll, make that attack=14, damage 1.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Once the battle starts, where you are in the initiative order doesn't really matter. If you aid another, the effect last for one round. That means until it's your turn again, not until you get to the top of the initiative order.

If I recall correctly, to aid another's attack you make an attack roll. If you get at least a modified 10, you grant an ally a +2 bonus.

Heckler

First Post
ooc: In that case I'll be aiding Tor. Using my previous roll I have 11+1+2=14, giving him an a +2 (in addition to my flanking) on his next attack.

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Heckler, to aid another on an attack, you simply make an attack roll vs. AC 10. If you succeed you choose if you want to give your ally a +2 bonus to hit or a +2 bonus to AC. The bonus lasts until your next turn. I've updated the Round 18 post to reflect Fimble's action.

round 19 concluded

Fimble, Tor's scimitar in hand, hurries with all possible speed to his allies' aid.

Babette, unable to score a hit on her own, does her best to distract Drezel to give Tor a better chance.

Dungannon

First Post
round 20

Drezel, seemingly lost in an animal frenzy, snaps out at his agressors again. This time Tor is the target. His teeth score another hit, drawing more blood from the barbarian.

Metrius, tucking the scroll case in a pouch, goes back over and begins to retrieve Otto from the ground.

Tor shrugs off the bite, takes a step to the side to provide a beneficial angle for Gideon, and takes another swing. He comes close, but fails to connect.

Gideon fares better, his sword finding an opening and drawing a line of blood on Drezel's arm.

Fimble continues to rush forward to his friends.

Babette continues to try to distract Drezel, but he seems to be successfully ignoring her at the moment.

roadfight26.jpg

[sblock=crunchystuff: ]
Drezel bite attack on Tor = 19, damage = 2
Tor attack = 16 (roll = 12 +2 for flanking +2 for Babette's aid another)
Gideon attack = 24 (roll = 22 +2 for flanking), damage = 2
Fimble moves another 80' south, he's now 240' away from Gideon.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
added Babette's action to the round 20 post

round 21

Drezel, stung by Gideon's sword, turns back toward him, jaws snapping. Gideon avoids the attack, but barely.

Metrius reaches Otto and prepares to drag him back to the carriage.

Tor attacks once more, but fails to connect.

Gideon slashes with his blade, opening another cut on the wererat.

Fimble continues to hurry toward the fight.

Babette's efforts to aid her friends are becoming more futile.

Drezel bite attack on Gideon = 14
Tor attack = 16 (14 +2 for flanking)
Gideon attack = 25 (23 +2 for flanking), damage = 6
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
round 22

Drezel continues his assault on Gideon, scoring another hit on the warrior.

Metrius begins to drag Otto back to the carriage.

Tor flails his chain at Drezel again, and misses again.

Gideon tries to fend off the wererat with his sword but fails to draw blood this time.

Fimble closes the distance to his friends some more.

Babette adds a few verbal barbs to her repatoire and finally manages to attract Drezel's attention.

roadfight27.jpg

Drezel bite attack on Gideon = 20, damage = 2
Tor attack on Drezel = 16 (14 roll +2 flanking)
Gideon attack on Drezel = 14 (12 roll +2 flanking)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads