R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

wmasters

First Post
Metrius goes with the guard, keeping an eye out for anything unusual or suspicious and to see what the guard has to say.

After a brief look around, he mentioned to the party "I think I may have found the point of entry. Through here." He heads off to seek out the newer window he found on the south side of the building to see if there are any clues from here, hoping someone else sees what he is failing to.

Spot:17, Search: 8

Dungannon

First Post
The investigators spread out and begin going over the vast interior of the warehouse.
Babette said:
"Could you show us where the thieves gained entrance, or where whatever was stolen was located?"
The guard looks a little sheepish at this. "Well, we haven't been able to rightly determine exactly what was taken. Nothing real big, we know that. We know the thieves were in there," he indicates the middle storage room on the south side, "because the window was broken. Well, not so much broken as...missing."
metrius said:
"I think I may have found the point of entry. Through here."
The cleric is standing in front of the large doors to the same storage room the guard talking to Babette indicated.

[sblock=Kith Ra Ei: ]While Babette talks with the guard, Metrius calls attention to the storage room, and the rest look around aimlessly, you notice something not quite right in the southeast corner. Upon closer examination you spot what appears to be a sewer drain. There's something about it that raises your suspicions, but you can't quite figure out what it is.[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
After hearing Metrius' and the guard's comments, Babette will say to the latter; "I'd like to take a look in there, if that's all right," indicating that same storage room. She'll pause briefly to see if the guard has any objections. If not, she'll open the door and enter.

HugeOgre

First Post
"I agree, that makes good sense madam" Kith answers in a solid tone. Meanwhile, he casually walked to the party and quietly announced. "I also think we need to look at the sewer grate there. There is something not quite right about it."

wmasters

First Post
"Perhaps I was wrong about the window being the point of entry. The sewers would perhaps be an easier route in, and it would explian why no-one has seen the giant rats in the town," Metrius muses.

"Odd that the window was missing, rather than being broken. That is surely a lot of work, or some magic, to do that." Turning to the guard, he says "There wasn't anything unusual about this window at all was there?"

Dungannon

First Post
Babette said:
I'd like to take a look in there, if that's all right
The guard doesn't object, so Babette enters the storeroom.
[sblock=Babette: ]Inside, instead of large stacks of crates or piles of sacks she finds the room almost bare. A row of barrels stands against the western wall. Several chests sit along the eastern wall. The southern wall has a few stacks of small (2'x2'x2') boxes on it.[/sblock]
Metrius said:
There wasn't anything unusual about this window at all was there?
The guard answers Metrius, "Well, like I said. The glass wasn't broke, just missing. Like it'd been cut out of the frame, you know?"

ooc: Who's going to investigate the drain? Also, anyone who joins Babette in the storeroom can feel free to read the spoiler as well.

Remove ads