• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Race/Class combos discussion Thread

nexalis

Numinous Hierophant
At this point, I have probably built upwards of a hundred 5e characters that have never seen the light of day for one reason or another. When it comes to actual play, I always seem to gravitate to Rogues and Ranger / Rogue hybrids. I find that these types of characters are best suited to my style of play, since they perform well in all three pillars of the game. Today I am starting a new campaign, and I will be playing a Half-elf Rogue with a high Intelligence and Charisma, and with Expertise in the Perception and Persuasion skills. I plan on becoming an Arcane Trickster at level 3 if I survive that long!

Last edited:

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
A little something for the Aquisitions Inc fans out there. A Shadar Kai majordomo, especially for games where he accompanies the party as an NPC. What I'm picturing is a character the feels a little like Marvin the robot from Hitchhikers Guide. Why? Because the Shadar Kai are always reborn in Shadowfell when they die, so you can gak that guy every adventure in a variety of interesting and gruesome ways and he always comes back. Solid Gold baby. I am going to use it.

Weiley31

Legend
A little something for the Aquisitions Inc fans out there. A Shadar Kai majordomo, especially for games where he accompanies the party as an NPC. What I'm picturing is a character the feels a little like Marvin the robot from Hitchhikers Guide. Why? Because the Shadar Kai are always reborn in Shadowfell when they die, so you can gak that guy every adventure in a variety of interesting and gruesome ways and he always comes back. Solid Gold baby. I am going to use it.
Shadar-Kai can respawn?

Remove ads