Rage feats

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
How about rend? Fighting with two weapons/two natural weapons. If you hit with both while raging you deal an extra 1d6+str in rend damage? Something like that?
Isn't there already one that does that in PHII except always?

Erekose13

Explorer
Oh ok, I'll have to look, but I'm sure we can come up with something flavorful and different enough. I didn't think that I'd have gotten it that close with just a guess.

B4cchus

Explorer
Bront said:
I liked the cleave one without the pounce. Of course, a rage with cleave feat is pretty silly unless it does something else, otherwise, why not just get cleave?

That was why i added the pounce in the first place.

I definately will work on the one that lets you rage longer next.

With fury of the wolverine and that one i think we have the base of the tree, from whwich i intend to add the "advanced" feats further down the tree.
Origionally i wanted to make a tree with three branches, all focusing on a different main stat (str, con and dex) but maybe the totem barbarians already give enough versitality and i should just focus on improving the rage ability down the tree.
Apart from abilities such as rake, does anybody have suggestions to further improve a rage (except from durations and # of rages)? I already suggested imporvements on str/con/dex but those weren't receieved well.

Bront

The man with the probe
I was thinking one that gives you either cleave, or an extra cleave attempt per round, or maybe one that requires cleave that says that you don't count this round against your limit on rage if you cleave that round? Animal Bloodlust or something?

Just brainstorming

B4cchus

Explorer
Hm, cleaving is rather rare so i don't really think that giving a bonus based on a succesfull cleave would be a very good to use as a trigger a special for some special ability, unless that would be a really good one.
As for not counting against a number of cleaves: "great cleave" gives you infinite # of cleaves per round, so i'd just take that one.

Maybe a combination of granting cleave/greatcleave and some other goodie.
My origional plan was to set up a line of "weaker" feats (such as granting cleave/greatcleave) and add some bonus to rage along with it. I'm still looking for appilcable bonusses to rage, but this could be extending the duration of rages/grant extra rage... or something else alltogether. With that, you can pick up some "fighter feats" that only work during rage and improve various apsects of rage along the way.

Someone

Adventurer
does anybody have suggestions to further improve a rage (except from durations and # of rages)?

Reduced penalties to AC and/or ability to use combat Expertise while raging; focused (you can have improved bonuses to str, but only when attacking a certain enemy you designate at the start of the rage and no others); increased movement; bonuses to Intimidate when raging, or Intimidate as a swift action when you rage or cleave; increased damage reduction when raging; must use a certain amount of power attack, but gains a (small) extra bonus to damage; bonuses to grapple while raging (more damage, easier grapple checks, maybe he counts as 1 size bigger?); Can trip as a free action if he uses more than X points of Power attack and hits while raging; if the barbarian rages in the surprise round he gets 1 full round action instead of a standard action; gets morale bonuses (to attacks and saves?) when he´s raging and succeeds in a Will saving throw (gets mad when they play with his brain); once per fight, if he´d die because of the Constitution loss when he stops raging he rages 1 extra round; bonuses for using two weapons (since the most beneficial weapon is normally a two handed one, a benefit for other combat styles wouldn´t be unbalanced); Ignores AoO when charging and raging; when he charges an opponent, he loses Dex bonuses to AC againts the charge attack (or suffers another kind of penalty); when full attacking an opponent, said opponent loses Dex bonus to AC against other atacks for 1 round; can take his 5 ft for the round between cleaves while raging, if he´s not moved previously; can choose to raise Dex instead of Str when raging and/or gains bonuses to athletic skills; can inspire in allies a limited form of rage; becomes immune to fear and fear effects when raging; becomes immune to certain debilitating effects (stun, nausea, fatigue...?) when raging; heals a small amont of HP when rages; automatically rages when surrounded (by 3, 4 or more opponents, or just when flanked) of enveloped by a swarm; can spend one rage use to repeat a ST against a [mind effecting] effect; gets certain animal qualities when raging (minor scent, low light vision, etc); imposes penalties to Concentration checks in a certain radius when raging.

And those are the only ones I can think on right now.

B4cchus

Explorer
wow, those are indeed a boatload of options, some familiar, others very refreshing, most very interresting!
This 'll require some good thought to prevent swamping LEW with tons of rage feats and to get a nice selection of these...
Great input!

Bront

The man with the probe
B4cchus said:
Hm, cleaving is rather rare so i don't really think that giving a bonus based on a succesfull cleave would be a very good to use as a trigger a special for some special ability, unless that would be a really good one.
As for not counting against a number of cleaves: "great cleave" gives you infinite # of cleaves per round, so i'd just take that one.

Maybe a combination of granting cleave/greatcleave and some other goodie.
My origional plan was to set up a line of "weaker" feats (such as granting cleave/greatcleave) and add some bonus to rage along with it. I'm still looking for appilcable bonusses to rage, but this could be extending the duration of rages/grant extra rage... or something else alltogether. With that, you can pick up some "fighter feats" that only work during rage and improve various apsects of rage along the way.
I ment the rage round didn't count, so his rage lasts longer.

My barb cleaved 3 giants and was 4 HP short of the 4th once, so I have never understood this cleave doesn't happen much thing.

Remove ads