Rage feats

B4cchus

Explorer
Your example sounds like a rare occasion to me. In my experience, a cleave can be made once per encounter at most, if at all. The problem usually lies with having enough baddies within reach or other allies dropping foes you already beat up. YMMV...

Velmont

First Post
B4cchus said:
Your example sounds like a rare occasion to me. In my experience, a cleave can be made once per encounter at most, if at all. The problem usually lies with having enough baddies within reach or other allies dropping foes you already beat up. YMMV...

Teamwork and cleave... that can be really mean. When your team are gathered in the same initiative sequence (sometimes, it happen that: You go, they go then you go again), a friend will delay to see if his friend can cleave. In my gaming group, cleave is used an average of two times per encounter, but that include some encounter it isn't use (one big creature against the group), and other time, the cleaving character is doing a carnage (cleave an orc to hit there boss, cleave another orc to cleave there boss, cleave the skeletton on the orc cleric, ect...)

B4cchus

Explorer
I thought about that possibility too. I like the flavour.. but i don't think it's worth a feat, unless it's topped with something extra, like one additional rage/day.

orsal

LEW Judge
B4cchus said:
Here is the all new and improved proposal:

Fury of the wolverine [General]
Prerequisites: Rage ability
Benefit: Every time you suffer in the same combat damage equal or greater than half of your total hit points you instantly fly into rage.

I just noticed this. Did you intend that a character who has this feat be required to use it whenever possible? If so, that's unusual for a feat; if not, the text needs clarification. How about "Every time you suffer in the same combat damage equal or greater than half of your total hit points you can instantly fly into rage."? I would vote Yes if the word "can" is included.

Erekose13

Explorer
B4cchus said:
I see that the proposed feat tree was a little to ambitious so i'll stick to just one feat. Maybe I'll expend a tree down that line later.

Here is the all new and improved proposal:

Fury of the wolverine [General]
Benefit: Every time you suffer in the same combat damage equal or greater than half of your total hit points you instantly fly into rage.
This effect only takes place if you are currently not sleeping, dying or unconscious or the damage you receieved removes this condition (or all if you suffer from more than one of these conditions).
This does not decrease the number of times you can enter rage per day.
You may try to ignore this effect by making a will save DC 10+ the damage from last attack you recieved.
You do not gain extra benefits if you are already in rage.
Normal: You can only enter rage a number of times equal to you daily used of this ability.

I think he'd got that covered with the section I bolded above. You can try not to fly into a rage by making a will save. Also note that this rage wont count against his daily alotment, so its a free rage, but you have to unless you make the save.

Bront

The man with the probe
The Wolverine and Badger rage unconditionaly, and I think that's the intent of the feat.

BTW, please move the most current version of the feat into your origional post. It makes looking for it easier.

B4cchus

Explorer
Indeed, i intented it so the rage would always kick in when the damage threshold is reached.
To avoid this you can make a will save.
It is more or less like the thought behind named animals, and the frenzied berserker. The amount of damage sustained unleashesh the anger and the desire to retalliate. I don't think a barbarian would be like "Oh well, you know. This time i don't mind you hacking me to peices. Maybe i'll get angry next time.".

B4cchus

Explorer
After having a feat to gain more rages per day, i have some ideas to improve the duration of it.
The first twwo that came to mind are the following:

Wolverine's bloodlust [General]
Benefit: Whenever you make a cleave attack, a critical hit or a succesfull charge the duration of your current rage lasts for one round longer.
This effect only takes place if you are in rage at the moment one of these events occurs and no more than once per round.
Normal: A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier

Lasting Rage [General]
Benefit: When calculating the duration of your rage, use twice your (newly improved) Constitution modifier instead of once.
Normal: A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier

The first has some more flavor to it, the second it more straigtforeward. I think the first one is balanced, i pretty sure the second one is. Feedback is very welcome.

Last edited:

Remove ads