Ranger/Scout build

AnonymousOne

First Post
So ... many .... feats... *sigh*

Well thanks for the help. I think he and I have a good idea of how we want this build to run. Thanks everyone.

Erywin

First Post
Glad to help, hope it works well for you both. Keep us updated on the final build :) Would love to see how it works in a full fledged campaign.

Cheers,
E

Seeten

First Post
What about a Scout/Ranger/Rogue? I am considering this for a campaign I'm likely to be involved in.

Ranger 11/Scout 8/Rogue 1

This would net me 7d6 Skirmish, a boatload of Elf-Favored Enemies for +3 move silently/Hide/spot bonuses, and 5d6 sneak attack, and a BAB of +17. Thats a lot of precision based damage, and lots of good times!

AnonymousOne

First Post
Erywin said:
Glad to help, hope it works well for you both. Keep us updated on the final build :) Would love to see how it works in a full fledged campaign.

Cheers,
E

Will do, So far it looks like he'll be a great addition to the already confirmed members of the party : A human Swashbuckler/Fighter/Rogue (my character ;) ) and a Goliath Barbarian/Warblade, and a Human Technomancer (Homebrew build I'm working on, basically a Powerpoint based wizard class that actually isn't magical ... think Tesla).

We might also be picking up a Battle Sorcerer and a Druid. Alas how we need a cleric. :\

Darklone

javcs said:
Why would the DM not? They're both in the SRD.
There are many DMs out there who are shocked to see the amount of damage a rogue can dish out with several sneak attacks per round... it's so common to houserule only one sneak attack per round that very many believe it's corerules.

Having seen a Scout/Ranger with Greater Manyshot and Improved Skirmish in action who dishes out 28d6 vs undead and constructs (and anything else) while avoiding full attack actions causes even more DMs NOT to allow Greater Manyshot.

Friend of mine has a hobgoblin scout5/rgr2 right now with Improved Skirmish. He won a duel against a gnoll barbarian with a twohanded weapon and str 29 (rage plus drugs). I like highpowered low level games but even I'm not used to this amount of damage at these low levels.
Seeten said:
What about a Scout/Ranger/Rogue? I am considering this for a campaign I'm likely to be involved in.

Ranger 11/Scout 8/Rogue 1

This would net me 7d6 Skirmish, a boatload of Elf-Favored Enemies for +3 move silently/Hide/spot bonuses, and 5d6 sneak attack, and a BAB of +17. Thats a lot of precision based damage, and lots of good times!
I'm not sure how you get this amount of sneak attack damage... Swift Ambusher does improve skirmish damage with the added levels, not sneak attack damage. So you'd better get Scout3/Ranger10/Rogue7 or something similar for maxxed skirmish and some good sneak damage while maintaining high BAB. In this case though I'd try to get rogue higher than 10 to enjoy the Rogue high level special abilities.

Last edited:

AnonymousOne

First Post
Asmo said:
Perhaps it would be wise to check if the dm is allowing Manyshot and Greater Manyshot?

Asmo
Yes they are allowed and No it does not currently fit with the flavor of the character. If it turns out that Manyshot and Greater Manyshot can be applied to crossbow bolts, then he will most likely pick them up at later levels.

Darklone

AnonymousOne said:
Yes they are allowed and No it does not currently fit with the flavor of the character. If it turns out that Manyshot and Greater Manyshot can be applied to crossbow bolts, then he will most likely pick them up at later levels.
Actually I could easily imagine a crossbow that shoots several bolts at once... historically and realistically it should be more common than shooting several arrows with a bow.

Remove ads