• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rappan Athuk: Reloaded SOLD OUT by wide margin!!

or ... not.

well, kids. amazon's got it "in stock" for $47. get 'em while they're hot. i wish i never read this infernal thread.

i'm all for supporting necro and my LGS, but i'm a little on the not-so-rich side, and paying an extra $33 hurts. that actually represents a lot of money to me (i'm a grad student and scraping by on scholarships). i sure hope this wasn't merely a marketing ruse to rustle up some publicity.

if so, i say poop. big hairy steaming poop.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
dragonlordofpoondari said:
well, kids. amazon's got it "in stock" for $47. get 'em while they're hot. i wish i never read this infernal thread.

i'm all for supporting necro and my LGS, but i'm a little on the not-so-rich side, and paying an extra $33 hurts. that actually represents a lot of money to me (i'm a grad student and scraping by on scholarships). i sure hope this wasn't merely a marketing ruse to rustle up some publicity.

if so, i say poop. big hairy steaming poop.

I have yet to see the NG folks ever lie or mislead us (in fact they usually are more open than any other publisher), so I'd highly doubt that it's a devious marketing ploy of any kind.

Rappan Athuk Boxed Set from Amazon.com showed up!

It is very much as they specified. It looks good from the outside (will wait till I get home to open it), but it's definitely nothing like Ptolus. Ptolus looked and felt like it was worth the $120 that was charged. This package definitely feels much closer to the $22.06 package I paid for. But of course, it's not the packaging, it's the contents, so I'll wait till I see the inside!

If you haven't gotten one and want one, at this point, I'd say that Amazon.com has the best prices. (I'm very happy to screw over the FLGS, where the "F" stands for something a lot different from "Friendly.")

BadMojo

First Post
DaveMage said:
I can see my order on the WW site under my account's history, so I know they have it.

I'm just impatient. :D

I'm impatient too. :)

I did, in fact, get an email yesterday. It was kind of vague and I didn't realize what it was until I saw that the email address was for one of the guys who works at WW. Until I saw that, I knew *something* was being shipped to me, just didn't know what.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
BadMojo said:
I'm impatient too. :)

I did, in fact, get an email yesterday. It was kind of vague and I didn't realize what it was until I saw that the email address was for one of the guys who works at WW. Until I saw that, I knew *something* was being shipped to me, just didn't know what.

The Fed Ex tracking page says mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, so I shall do the happy dance at that time.

I really want one of the "golden ticket" prizes though. (Yes, I'm greedy that way.)

johnsemlak

First Post
Ankha said:
I don't understand very well why Necromancer Games wouldn't make a non-limited reprint (it's a bit weird to make people work on it to adapt it to 3.5 only to sell 1,000 copies).

By the way, what is Alliance? I looked for it on the internet but could not find it. Do they sell some copies?

AS I posted abovve I ordered from FRPGames and I'm awaiting mine (though I've had it shipped to my parents in the US where I'll pick it up later this year :() so we're in similar boats. I'm confident FRPGames will get it though (I made my order nesarly two weeks ago--dunno if that was in time or not).

I certainly understand the frustration about not being able to get it but bear in mind it's Clark and Bill's magnum opus and they both seem to want this work of there's to be in Limited Edition form only--for non-financial reasons.

Also, it's hard to be certain that they'd sell many more of these sets, either as a LE product or as a cheaper more streamlined product. It's important to remember that many people are loath to buy products that are simply updates of products they already have, even with a bit of new material. The quick sellout and the strong enthusism seen here indicates that they could sell more (perhaps the NG folks will be convinced to do a reprint in the end, but all statements so far have been No) but they don't want to risk over printing this product.

For those of us with no other option there is the PDF route.

Vradna

First Post
FLGS: "The Tin Soldier" in Sydney, Australia rocks!

April 2006:

I go down to my FLGS - 'The Tin Soldier' in Sydney's Central Business District and ask Drew, the proprietor:

'Hey Drew, Necromancer Games are redoing Rappan Athuk in a boxed set. Can you get it in?'

Drew says: 'Okay.'

August 2006:

I go in to the store again looking for the latest copy of DUNGEON, and sitting on a shelf is Rappan Athuk: Reloaded!

Fantastic!

Drew and the crew at Tin Soldier; you are all Champs! You always come through for us regardless of the obstacles. Please keep up the good work and 'going into bat for us' when we need it most.

Considering the the news that RA:R has generated, I consider myself a fortunate international buyer with great support. My advice to all is to either buy direct from the publisher or have your FLGS do it for you. That is what they do best.

Ankha

First Post
johnsemlak said:
AS I posted abovve I ordered from FRPGames and I'm awaiting mine (though I've had it shipped to my parents in the US where I'll pick it up later this year :() so we're in similar boats. I'm confident FRPGames will get it though (I made my order nesarly two weeks ago--dunno if that was in time or not).

I certainly understand the frustration about not being able to get it but bear in mind it's Clark and Bill's magnum opus and they both seem to want this work of there's to be in Limited Edition form only--for non-financial reasons.
<snip>
For those of us with no other option there is the PDF route.

Fortunately, I managed to get mine from FRPGames (thanks for the link). I'm very glad of it :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads