• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rappan Athuk: Reloaded SOLD OUT by wide margin!!

Treebore

First Post
WW was supposed to ship out everyones (pre-order) today. The "official" day of release. BTW, half of the 100 copies of RA:R were gone in the first 4 hours of the Con.

sam500

First Post
I got my copy today from my FLGS. I encouraged them to order 3 more. So if you're in the Bay Area come to "Games of Berkeley" and get your copy today. :)
I've got number 269!!! Yippea!!

Hierax

First Post
Amazon (apparently) just shipped my copy today too...

Hopefully it works, but Amazon has been really good to me over the years -- D&D Harbinger 60% off, World's Largest Dungeon 60% off, and now this (if it gets delivered). Say what you will about them, they do stand behind their prices.

BTW, why all the Amazon hate? What does WW care, they get just as much money don't they? Isn't Amazon's secret that they are the distributor so they cut out the unnecessary middle-man that is strangling the gaming "industry" (or at least the consumers)?

Anyway, so, Necromancer makes some damn fine games. I'm really looking forward to RA:R!

Moon-Lancer

First Post
ok, so thier were a 1000. That covers the overhead for the book right? ok so if you get this book on pdf, how much $$$ does necro make per pdf?

can anyone at necro kindly break it down for me like on the first page. Its all very intresting stuff.

Orcus

First Post
I expect to sell very few PDFs of this book.

This is a limited edition product. There is very little price break on the pdf. It is meant solely as an "alternate" method for people who either dont have an flgs or live in a country where the shipping costs are just too prohibitive. And while it is true we have done well with pdfs, they are still what we view as an "alternate source" for those who cant otherwise get the print product.

And I dont really want to undercut the value to the owners of the print product. They bought a limited edition item. If I push the pdf then those "limited edition" purchasers will feel ripped.

Clark

Orcus

First Post
My understanding is that no copies went to Amazon. Now, they did go to Alliance, and I guess Amazon could get them from Alliance, but that would be wierd.

Let me know if anyone gets them through Amazon. I'd be very surprised if that happened.

By the way, this isnt Amazon hate. You can see (I think) all of our other products there (or they were at one time). I love Amazon and use it myself for things. But RARE is a limited edition product and it is unique. It isnt meant to be force fed into the mainstream mass consumer stomach.

Clark

Hierax

First Post
Yeah, I've got tons of Necromancer stuff from Amazon -- like all that great Judges Guild stuff you re-did so well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "dissin" you. I really respect what you've done for gaming and am eager to see what you do next.

As for the .PDF, it seems vastly over-priced but, hey, you ain't forcing anyone to buy it and I'd rather have an expensive option than no option for an exclusive deluxe limited edition thing like that.

Keep creating the quality and we'll keep buying (as cheaply as we can get it).

johnsemlak

First Post
Ghostwind said:
I can't recommend FRP enough for your gaming needs. I've known Shaw since 2001 and he is a great guy to do business with. He does indeed have a brick & mortar gaming store called Game Kastle, which he was able to open based upon the success of his online business. FRP is definitely a FLGS worth supporting. Preorder Rappan Athuk through him if you can.
I'm awaiting my order from FRPGames. Has anyone had word of it being delivered from them?

I indeed am a longtime supporter of FRPGames. Btw they are good for DDM singles purchases as well, and back issues of Dragon/Dungeon.

btw, where is the owner's Brick and Morter store?

johnsemlak

First Post
Orcus said:
By the way, this isnt Amazon hate. You can see (I think) all of our other products there (or they were at one time). I love Amazon and use it myself for things. But RARE is a limited edition product and it is unique. It isnt meant to be force fed into the mainstream mass consumer stomach.

Clark

I personally thought the whole 'amazon' issue was a very unnecessary side-track in this discussion (and very counter-productive).

What should be focused on is that this is an extremely cool product (I haven't seen it yet but I do have copies of all three 3.0 mods), which I'm glad to see has sold out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a copy.

Obviously myself and a lot of fans would have preferred a wider, more accessable release but I think we all have to respect the authors' wishes.

Ankha

First Post
Well, I've read the whole topic and I'm not very sure I'll manage to get a copy.

Few weeks ago, I heard about a reprint of RA from my LGS (in France). They thought they could get a dozen until yesterday where they learned they would get only one :(. Hopefully, I'd had made some researches on the internet and knew that it would be difficult to get one. It was out-of-stock on White Wolf site, and I was surprised to see Amazon had some for sale. From what I read here, they don't (we'll see).

Then I tried to contact some people in the US but noone would be at the GenCon this year.
After reading this post, I just ordered two from FRP Games, but I fear I won't get any.

I'm pretty disappointed. This reprint is very difficult to get if you don't go to the GenCon (even harder if you're not living in the US). I don't understand very well why Necromancer Games wouldn't make a non-limited reprint (it's a bit weird to make people work on it to adapt it to 3.5 only to sell 1,000 copies).

By the way, what is Alliance? I looked for it on the internet but could not find it. Do they sell some copies?

All I can do now is wait and see.

(Do you know where to send an email to encourage them to reprint it?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads