• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rappan Athuk: Reloaded SOLD OUT by wide margin!!

Amazon.com ships RAR!

I just got my notification that my copy of RAR has shipped from Amazon.com, with a price of $22.04. Since I have 2-day delivery, I'll let everyone know on Friday whether it's the real deal. (I wasn't dying to have it, but for the price, I couldn't resist, knowing that I could eBay it for more than I paid for it given that it's already sold out) In any case, Amazon.com still has it listed for $45, so if this is the real deal, the Amazon.com naysayers will have lost another battle. (I bet they will also honor their Ptolus price)

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Er, you bought it with the intention of eBaying it?

Congrats?

I bought it with the intention of looking at it, and ebaying it if I didn't like it, knowing that I wouldn't lose any money by doing this (and would probably make money). If it's really good I'll probably keep it. :)

I have to see if it's usable in my Ptolus campaign... :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well, you won't be lacking scary ass dungeons to stick beneath the city. And, for what it's worth, Orcus is mentioned by name (once) in the Ptolus Big Book, so he's part of the cosmology. (Although having him "just hanging out" at the bottom of RA might be problematic, if indeed that's what he's doing, given the nature of Praemal.)

catsclaw227

First Post
Thorin Stoutfoot said:
I just got my notification that my copy of RAR has shipped from Amazon.com, with a price of $22.04. Since I have 2-day delivery, I'll let everyone know on Friday whether it's the real deal. (I wasn't dying to have it, but for the price, I couldn't resist, knowing that I could eBay it for more than I paid for it given that it's already sold out) In any case, Amazon.com still has it listed for $45, so if this is the real deal, the Amazon.com naysayers will have lost another battle. (I bet they will also honor their Ptolus price)

Does NG lose money on this particular transaction???? I really hope not. I imagine that the boxed set cost much more than $22.04 just to produce.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
catsclaw227 said:
Does NG lose money on this particular transaction???? I really hope not. I imagine that the boxed set cost much more than $22.04 just to produce.

NG won't lose money, but amazon will.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Yep, due to the bruhaha over Wilderlands, I cancelled my amazon order and it ended up costing me money. I won't let that happen again. I like the local shops as much as anyone, but when I can save 40 bucks, it's no contest.

Mercule

Adventurer
How odd...

I was just checking on another Amazon order and noticed that my RAR order (why cancel until they tell me I have to?) is marked as "shipping soon and cannot be modified or cancelled". I wonder if that means they did somehow manage to get a few or if they're about to find out they can't fulfill it.

:shrug:

Well, if I do get it, I'll be tickled.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads