• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate 300

Rate 300

• 0 (lowest)

Votes: 3 1.6%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 3 1.6%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 8 4.2%

Votes: 4 2.1%

Votes: 14 7.3%

Votes: 26 13.6%

Votes: 41 21.5%

Votes: 42 22.0%

Votes: 47 24.6%

Nyaricus

First Post
Man, it's a ten. Best epic warrior movie since Gladiator. I was watching and was thinking about how it's going to simply tear apart next year's Oscars.

Awesome visuals, awesome score, awesome charaters and plots. I'm already waiting for the directors cut.

The only thing is that I felt they stuffed a 3 hour movie into 2 hours, but still - WOW!

cheers,
--N

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Nyaricus said:
Man, it's a ten. Best epic warrior movie since Gladiator. I was watching and was thinking about how it's going to simply tear apart next year's Oscars.

Awesome visuals, awesome score, awesome charaters and plots. I'm already waiting for the directors cut.

The only thing is that I felt they stuffed a 3 hour movie into 2 hours, but still - WOW!

cheers,
--N
Have some numbers of it here on how it compares to Troy & Gladiator:http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=3393399&postcount=7

Sir Brennen

Legend
Nyaricus said:
Huh. I gave it a high rating, but not because I thought it was Oscar material. I could see maybe some technical awards, but otherwise...? To me it was just sheer entertainment.

GlassJaw

Hero
I would give it a solid 7.5 but since there are no fractions, and I don't think it was an 8, I gave it a 7. Short on story but big on action and visuals. Entertaining flick. Definitely not as good as Gladiator.

Rykion

Explorer
I liked 300 quite a bit, so I gave it an 8. It was a very good popcorn movie, but really didn't stand out a lot in the acting. The visual effects were good. The backdrops seemed surreal, but I would have liked more substance to some of the sets. Sparta's outlying environment definitely seemed a little too spartan. ;)

Gunslinger

First Post
I gave it a 6. It was an entertaining popcorn movie, but the story and dialogue were lacking. I also wasn't very impressed by the way the ending was handled, it didn't have any sort of emotional impact on me whatsoever.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
sckeener said:
I haven't seen it yet and now you've got me worried about seeing it. I was greatly disappointed in Gladiator.

Yeah those darn Academy Award Winning movies. Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role, and nominated in many main categories, and won several other categories.

I am not saying all academy award winning movies are widely appealing, but it is one indicator. Sometimes if a movie is popular with people, like Star Wars, it's not popular with critical awards, and vice versa. So, let's check the box office take:

Oh, almost half a Billion (with a B).

Hmm, so the critics loved it, and the public at large loved it.

Now that does not mean YOU have to like it. But when an individual you don't know says "Best epic warrior movie since Gladiator.", it doesn't make much sense to me that you would take that as a negative. You would really have to work to make that a negative in fact.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads