• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Raven Queen Cleric - Roleplay Problem

Deodatus

First Post
He knows about the issue, as we talked about the item a couple of month before. I also noted after the last session that this particular item might create problems if my cleric gets aware of what it does. So I'll see and wait how the mage handles it. Interestingly enough, he is not aware of what it does at the moment, as the DM stated: The item was lost in time, no one knows what it can do.

knightofround

First Post
I think the best idea is to talk to your DM. I don't think us folks here on ENWorld don't know enough about your characters and players to really make a good call.

That being said, if I were in your shoes I would approach the DM and suggest that, at his discretion, that your cleric's spells/boons either would either not work or have the opposite effect when cast on the wizard. That way the DM can use it as a tool to make the campaign more interesting without risking a TPK/party split.

How awesome would be if *that* was how your character learns about the true nature of the helm? Imagine that the wizard drops, your cleric rushes to his aid to heal him. But instead the wizard shrieks in pain as a massive burn blossoms on his skin wherever the helm touches. Your Cleric would be surprised, the rest of the party would be shocked, and the Wizard would seriously need to weigh the costs/benefits of using the helm.

All that being said, I don't think the helm would require your cleric to leave the party. As long as the campaign is about fighting the greater evil, you can always find some justification to work together. I don't think many gods expect their clerics to only adventure with fellow followers.

Last edited:

Deodatus

First Post
That is actually an awesome idea. I'll talk to my DM about it. We talked about the whole item today and as I understood it, he did not really think further than to just throw into the group to create some tension :D.

Remove ads